Gave up my CPX 2 last week

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Gave up my CPX 2 last week

Postby NavyDad89 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 am

Took my TTDE CPX 2 and my Ruger LC9S PRO to the range last week to shoot 50 rounds of 115 gr practice ammo through each. The LC9S was much more accurate and far more comfortable to my arthritic fingers. After 50 rounds with the CPX 2 my trigger finger and the web of my hand were very sore, much more than I ever remember. Decided it has become the time to admit to myself that I ain't what I used to be and give up on revolver like triggers. I left the range/gun shop with a LC9S standard with the safety lever and feel a bit more secure carrying this rather than the PRO model. I never had a problem with reliability or accuracy with the CPX 2, other than some hard primers and a few stovepipes with range reloads at the very beginning.

Went to the range yesterday and put 185 rounds of various SD jhp and practice fmj run through the new weapon. No problems other than one stovepipe while running 115gr fmj reloads AND absolutely no sore finger or hand!

Looking forward to future range practice time again.
Retired in Central Florida.

SCCY CPX-2 TTDE - GONE (former truck gun) / Replaced by RUGER LC9S (my new EDC)
RUGER LC9s Pro - (former EDC)
Taurus PT709 slim - (Wife's range and HD gun that replaced a pair of Taurus 38sp revolvers)
NavyDad89

Re: Gave up my CPX 2 last week

Postby getvicious » Wed May 10, 2017 11:45 pm

NavyDad89 - Sorry to hear you had to get rid of your CPX and hope your new pistol works well for you.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: Gave up my CPX 2 last week

Postby Silverbullet » Thu May 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Enjoy your new friend!
SCCY CPX2 Glock 19
Sig 938 Beretta 21
Kel Tec PF9 Ruger MKI
Taurus PT111G2. Taurus TCP 738
Bersa Thunder 380
EAA Witness