Love for CPX2 but one little issue

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Love for CPX2 but one little issue

Postby JackStraw » Sun May 21, 2017 7:52 am

I have the CPX2 and a few other guns. I am finding the CPX-2 to be very accurate for me. It is more accurate for me than the Taurus PT709 Slim I think because I never know when it will fire at the range as I am pulling back against the double action. That works for me and it makes me shoot better as I am not anticipating the recoil. I do not find the trigger pull to be too hard.

I have put hundreds of rounds through it and the malfunctions have ceased except one relatively small issue which is that sometimes the slide locks open during the middle of a magazine. I don't know why this is happening. If anyone knows a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!
JackStraw

Re: Love for CPX2 but one little issue fixed!

Postby JackStraw » Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 am

OK I think I fixed the issue!!! will test at the range later but I realized that the slide release was not springing down. I looked at a video on youtube where they replace the slide release. I realized that when SCCY sent me replacement frame pins and I had to take the gun apartment because I had jammed the barrel, that when I put it back together I probably didn't get that little spring on top of the slide release. So, lo and behold I was right! I took the frame pins back out and placed the spring over the slide release lever and now the spring holds the lever down. I am hopeful that I will have no more slide staying open in the middle of shooting a magazine.
JackStraw

Re: Love for CPX2 but one little issue

Postby Silverbullet » Sun May 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Good work!
SCCY CPX2 Glock 19
Sig 938 Beretta 21
Kel Tec PF9 Ruger MKI
Taurus PT111G2. Taurus TCP 738
Bersa Thunder 380
EAA Witness
Silverbullet
Forum Regular

Postby smokeyburb » Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Way to think through the problem and use all available resources.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
smokeyburb

Postby getvicious » Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 am

Hey - good job - way to think it thru. That's some good troubleshooting there.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Renaldow » Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Good work!
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Re: Love for CPX2 but one little issue fixed!

Postby slong115 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 am

JackStraw wrote:OK I think I fixed the issue!!! will test at the range later but I realized that the slide release was not springing down. I looked at a video on youtube where they replace the slide release. I realized that when SCCY sent me replacement frame pins and I had to take the gun apartment because I had jammed the barrel, that when I put it back together I probably didn't get that little spring on top of the slide release. So, lo and behold I was right! I took the frame pins back out and placed the spring over the slide release lever and now the spring holds the lever down. I am hopeful that I will have no more slide staying open in the middle of shooting a magazine.

I had the exact same issue with mine. Took it back apart just as you did and made sure the spring was properly in place this time and 'BINGO'....problem solved. At least if we ever had to take the gun apart again, we will both know to check for this problem before reassembling again! ;)
Scott
USMC '69-'73
slong115
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion