CPX-2 MAGAZINE RELEASE

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

CPX-2 MAGAZINE RELEASE

Postby drb166 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:47 am

Just got my CPX-2, haven't shot with it yet. One thing I've noticed is that the magazine release seems inconsistent. My thumb is 3" long, but when I press the magazine release, it doesn't always 'release'. I'm careful to keep my index finger away from the back of the release, but it still happens. I need to use my other hand or cock the gun 45 degrees left to get the release to drop the mag. My question: Is this a Newbie problem that goes away with practice, or is this an ongoing issue?
+
drb166

Re: CPX-2 MAGAZINE RELEASE

Postby TXSCCY » Sun May 28, 2017 2:41 pm

The mag should drop free when the magazine release is pressed. If you have this problem with all mags, use Gun Scrubber Synthetic Safe to clean the mag well and the area around the mag release. I got Gun Scrubber from Amazon & the local Walmart stores. If that doesn't fix the problem, call SCCY CS to have them send you the mag release replacement.
SCCY CPX-1-TT Gen 2
SCCY CPX-2-CB
TXSCCY
Forum Regular

Postby arcus10mm » Sun May 28, 2017 3:51 pm

drb166 wrote:Just got my CPX-2, haven't shot with it yet. One thing I've noticed is that the magazine release seems inconsistent. My thumb is 3" long, but when I press the magazine release, it doesn't always 'release'. I'm careful to keep my index finger away from the back of the release, but it still happens. I need to use my other hand or cock the gun 45 degrees left to get the release to drop the mag. My question: Is this a Newbie problem that goes away with practice, or is this an ongoing issue?
+

clean it lube it shoot it aka break in.............
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm guessing that your left handed?
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby drb166 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm actually right handed. But the good news is, after about 20 rounds, the magazine release started working perfectly, and I've had no issues since then.
drb166

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion