Trigger reset?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Trigger reset?

Postby bill35738 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:00 am

Ok I got a question for you SCCY CPX2 owners. I have had mine for almost a month now and have almost 500rds. through it with only some FTE in the first 150rds. with WWB , with gold dot HP it works great!My question about trigger reset is even though I never had a reset problem while shooting either fast or slow,I noticed after cleaning it last time out that if I pulled the trigger while the slide was off it wouldn't reset on the second pull but did reset on the next pull. It seems like with the slide off the trigger only resets after every other pull! Do I have a problem or is this normal?
bill35738

Re: Trigger reset?

Postby Pony Soldier » Tue May 30, 2017 11:45 am

I seem to recall something about 'Do Not Pull Trigger' when slide is off. Anyone else in the forum remember anything on this? I'm not 100% sure, but you might want to look further about this operation with the SCCY. Enjoy yourself and it is a satisfying 9mm for sure.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby arcus10mm » Tue May 30, 2017 2:24 pm

bill35738 wrote:Ok I got a question for you SCCY CPX2 owners. I have had mine for almost a month now and have almost 500rds. through it with only some FTE in the first 150rds. with WWB , with gold dot HP it works great!My question about trigger reset is even though I never had a reset problem while shooting either fast or slow,I noticed after cleaning it last time out that if I pulled the trigger while the slide was off it wouldn't reset on the second pull but did reset on the next pull. It seems like with the slide off the trigger only resets after every other pull! Do I have a problem or is this normal?
call sccy and please post what they got to say IMO its not right mine worked that way---after my fix it has run 100%
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Tue May 30, 2017 4:26 pm

With the slide in place the hammer has a slight load on it from contacting the ramp in the slide that the top of the hammer rides against. With the slide off the hammer stands "up" all the way. This changes the geometry of the trigger linkage components slightly. It may not function without the slide in place as it does when fully assembled.

Does your CPX function when fully assembled? If yes, no problem. If no, call SCCY.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby bill35738 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:58 pm

It runs like a swiss watch when its all together ! Thanks for the info.
bill35738

Postby arcus10mm » Tue May 30, 2017 8:07 pm

getvicious wrote: geometry of the trigger linkage components
some "work" one way others "work" another way------sccy changed the fireing pin set up from the P-11 imo for a better drop safe gun link how to covert a P-11 http://www.thektog.org/forum/f84/lhs-tr ... ns-210843/
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Tue May 30, 2017 8:11 pm

this what im getting at
* In stock condition, the hammer is held back by the stiff firing pin. When the firing pin is shortened and the weaker spring is installed, the hammer rests much farther forward. On some guns (P11/P40 ONLY) the hammer sits so far forward that the trigger either won’t reset, or the hammer falls early. If you have this problem, the correction is to “lengthen” the trigger bar by filing a little off of the front of the “ell.” *Directions for this are at the end of this material.
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion