Frame Pins

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Frame Pins

Postby bill35738 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Ok got a question about the SCCY frame pins.In all the posts I have read about frame pins comeing out and all,I have never heard if their was a RIGHT way to remove and replace them. Yesterday I watched a you-tube video from Galloway on how to replace the fireing pin spring and install their trigger in the CPX2. When the gunsmith got to the trigger part he placed the frame right side down on a take down block useing a 1/8 punch started both the front and rear pins out of the the frame.Then he switched over to a 1/16 punch and knocked them the rest of the way out of the frame.While doeing this he said the reason for changeing punchs is because the frame pins are taperd on the left side of the frame and should be replaced from right to left with the smaller end goeing in from the right. All other videos I have seen guys are driveing the pins out Lto R and back in Lto R. Witch way is the '' RIGHT'' way?
bill35738

Re: Frame Pins

Postby arcus10mm » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:01 pm

mine seem to always pop out to the right
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion