CPX 3 Guns & Ammo review

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: CPX 3 Guns & Ammo review

Postby wrench459 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:31 pm

I will gladly do velocities tests for the 2.96 vs 3.1 bbl .
Same weight HP's and same powder loads.
Please forward a CPX-3 to me. :kickback:
wrench459
Veteran Member

Re: CPX 3 Guns & Ammo review

Postby greg_r » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:56 am

3kt's&asccy wrote:I still come up with the same question. Why would anyone want a .380 in the same size as a full power 9mm?? Certainly not for concealed carry, unless the recoil reduction would be really noticeable. I carry a compact .380 in a pocket holster because it's very concealable in a pocket. I carry a SCCY in a belt holster because it's not. Given a choice between a 9mm and a .380 of the same size, I'd choose the 9mm. Just my 2 cents.

Have you ever handled any of the larger locked breech 380's? Like the Walther PK380, Taurus P938, Ruger LC380?

They are much easier to rack, and recoil much less than a comparable sized 9mm. It's a trait largely not understood by younger , healthy individuals. It means a lot as you age though. Arthritis is a big culprit. Those so afflicted may not be able to operate the 9mm. An example. My wife who has arthritis can not rack the slide on my CPX2. She also has a hard time with the trigger. One Shot and she is done because the snappy CPX2 causes pain in her arthritic joints. Yet she can operate the Hi Point CF380 just fine. Light recoiling, the big slide is easy for her to get a grip on, the lighter recoil spring makes it easy for her to rack, and the single action trigger suits her. FWIW, she has a hard time racking the C9. The extra umph needed at the end of travel to cock the striker gets her. Plus the 380 is, in my opinion anyway, a viable round for social work. Personally I would rather have a Dr, but its better than a .22.

Some recommend a revolver, but they are not really good either. Sure, they are easy to load but the trigger pull in double action is usually pretty heavy.

The CPX3 will have a lighter recoil spring, it will be easier to rack than the CPX2. And I understand it has a lighter trigger as well. Could be the best option for some.
greg_r
Forum Regular

Previous

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion