how many rounds does it take to wear out a CPX-2?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

how many rounds does it take to wear out a CPX-2?

Postby massey1155 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:02 pm

What wears first and how long does it take to loosen up things to the point that group sizes double or gun starts to be unreliable? I keep an eye on where the back of the slide sets in relation to the frame and the barrel to slide at the lock and breech areas, also the take down pin. I see where the spring guide rod head shoulder could hook into the edge of the hole in the front of the slide after another .010 or so wear. thought that maybe this is what's killing guide rods, so I will GENTLY chamfer the hole with my case deburr tool so that it cannot hook into the slide and get pulled away from the barrel.
massey1155

Re: how many rounds does it take to wear out a CPX-2?

Postby wrench459 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 pm

I stopped counting last year.
At that time 1,400 rounds and still going strong this year.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:27 am

IMHO the SCCY was not built to be a range queen.. It was not designed to shoot 20,000 rounds through it (I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just it was not the intent of the design).

You wanna pay $225 for a pistol (with a lifetime Guarantee) and want it to perform just like a $800+ gun??? Really?? And some are really upset when it doesn't.. Maybe you need to check your realistic expectations.. I am in no way saying that the SCCY is not a good reliable gun.. They have had there issues.. But they seem to get better all the time.
There have been some that have had issues out of the box, and sent the gun back several times to get the same issues repaired.. Some have had 1 issue and it was repaired / replaced and the owner never had another issue.

IMHO the SCCY was designed to be a cheap, reliable carry weapon. To be fired enough (periodically) that the owner knows it works for it's purpose.
I probably have 600+ rounds through mine and have had no issues..

I wonder if people who paid for a Yugo car were upset when it did not last 500,000 miles like a Mercedes?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby New2guns » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Well, does it matter? Because with a lifetime, no questions asked warranty, can't you just send it back and let them fix it?
New2guns

Postby usmale » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:44 pm

I have 1000rds and runs like a champ,
Sccy CPX2 two-tone #066XXX EDC
NRA Life Member
Glock Armour
usmale
Forum Regular

Postby js75 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm not sure and I'll likely never find out. I bought it to use as a carry gun. I shoot it enough to maintain accuracy and familiarity with it, but that's it. It's not a range gun for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
js75

Postby frank » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:06 am

i`m like the guys above , i`ll shoot it often to stay familiar with it ( cpx-3 is my current carry gun and i shoot it every week )
and get them fixed under warranty or buy new ones when they wear out .
frank
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion