firearms lubrication ---

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

firearms lubrication ---

Postby frank » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 am

i` m always interested in oils and greases to use on firearms , and believe they have a big effect on performance . i am always leary
of the latest and greatest ex navy seal endorsed product at $ 15 dollars an ounce . this article made a lot of sense to me .hope you
enjoy . i have been using synthetic 10/40 motor oil ,and synthetic auto wheel bearing grease lately ----------

http://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/05/lubrication-101/
frank
Forum Regular

Re: firearms lubrication ---

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 am

Frank;

Funny.. I combine the two..
I took synthetic Grease and added a little 20W50 Motorcycle oil to it.
The Motorcycle oil has additional anti rust and corrosion properties which might be good for gun use..
This is what I use along the rails and slide contact points..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: firearms lubrication ---

Postby frank » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:08 am

hootmon ---
yours sounds like a good combination for rails . i use a mixture (witches brew ) of stp oil treatment , oil , and black graphite powder on
sear -hammer contact points . instant trigger job. i`ve started using `marvel mystery oil ` to lube .22 autos , as suggested in that
article . working good so far . makes sense cause too much oil is a big factor in .22 malfunctions . ------------
frank
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion