Sccy CPX-2 9mm

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: Sccy CPX-2 9mm

Postby TrapperBob » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi,
If this is your first handgun it is not unusual to have difficulty. I shot rifles for 30 years (including some competition) before I got a handgun. When I did I was amazed at how bad I was. Like REALLY bad! At 20 yards my groups (if you can call it that) were 2 - 3 FEET. Some actual instruction by a competent instructor can go a long way.

Also sometimes you can shoot better with one style of gun than another. After firing thousands of rounds through a Ruger Mark III with the Luger-style grip I hunt squirrels with it. But I still cannot shoot a gun with a less acute angle than the Ruger/Luger for the grip, such as the SCCY, or a 1911 particularly well (although I'm still just not good with most handguns, probably should sign up for more instruction someday, but I improved enough to pass my CCW accuracy test). The single exception to that is shooting a colt style single action revolver. I don't know why but I have been a good shot with the old cowboy gun from the first time I shot it.

Basically, instruction and practice are what improves accuracy.
TrapperBob

Postby wrench459 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:49 pm

It might be a good idea to put Charlie and Jason on speed dial if your going to use the CPX as a range gun.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Renaldow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

People who say the SCCY is inaccurate... can't shoot.

The indoor range I go to is mandatory 50 feet. I can get all rounds into a 1x1' bullseye target. I'm not a remarkable shooter. That's more than accurate enough for a self defense pistol with a 3.1" barrel. Accuracy doesn't even begin until you get to 4", and really more so the 5-6" barrel pistols. 3.5" and below are the realm of self defense, designed for 7-10 yards or closer.

You're not going to go offroading in a Ferrari, and you're not going to enter your Hyundai in NASCAR. Not sure why people try to do the same thing with guns.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby juror » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 am

" Now the bad: At 15ft it's okay but the 25 yards everyone say's it wont hit the side of the barn lol. "

What state do you live in that would consider a 75 foot shot defensive? Just curious.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby Sccydancer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 pm

juror wrote:" Now the bad: At 15ft it's okay but the 25 yards everyone say's it wont hit the side of the barn lol. "

What state do you live in that would consider a 75 foot shot defensive? Just curious.

Right? I didn’t buy it to have running gun battles with bank robbers from across the street; I bought it to defend my small condominium. I am new to shooting (this is only the second time I’ve fired a pistol), and my training consists of a couple of YouTube videos, but I put this group up with 29 rounds from five yards (the furthest I would ever have to shoot inside my home) the first time I shot it. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sccydancer

Postby wrench459 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Nice shooting.
Just remember that IF you got to release a round or three in a closed space
your ear drums ain't going to like it at all.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Sccydancer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 am

wrench459 wrote:Nice shooting.
Just remember that IF you got to release a round or three in a closed space
your ear drums ain't going to like it at all.

I’ll bet! I hope I never have to use it outside of the range, but if I do, maybe one shot will drop them or make them flee. Otherwise, I’ll just have to be deaf for awhile. I imagine it would affect my subsequent shots, but I’m not going to practice without ears on just to get used to it. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sccydancer

Postby davek128 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 pm

I have a pair of earplugs with my cpx2 and also with my Keltec P11. I figure if I need to use either one, I can quickly put one earplug in one ear and leave the other one out... this way one ear is protected and I could still hear out of the other one. Alternatively I can cut the earplugs in half and put one half in each ear. I could still hear and be partially protected against the noise.
Dave K from NJ
NRA member
Sccy CPX-2, Kel Tec P11, Ruger 10/22, and SR22
davek128

Postby FastEddie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:16 am

davek128 wrote:I have a pair of earplugs with my cpx2 and also with my Keltec P11. I figure if I need to use either one, I can quickly put one earplug in one ear and leave the other one out... this way one ear is protected and I could still hear out of the other one. Alternatively I can cut the earplugs in half and put one half in each ear. I could still hear and be partially protected against the noise.

LOL!!!! If that isn't the funniest and darn bizarre thing I have seen on this forum. Your life in danger, but wait, let me protect my ears from loud ise. Coroner "The victim died from multiple gun shot wounds, but, it appears his ear drums are intact."
FastEddie

Postby SouthernAngler » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 am

FastEddie wrote:
davek128 wrote:I have a pair of earplugs with my cpx2 and also with my Keltec P11. I figure if I need to use either one, I can quickly put one earplug in one ear and leave the other one out... this way one ear is protected and I could still hear out of the other one. Alternatively I can cut the earplugs in half and put one half in each ear. I could still hear and be partially protected against the noise.

LOL!!!! If that isn't the funniest and darn bizarre thing I have seen on this forum. Your life in danger, but wait, let me protect my ears from loud ise. Coroner "The victim died from multiple gun shot wounds, but, it appears his ear drums are intact."

I dont post much on here but i do check in to see whats up every couple days or so, Both of the above posts gave me a good laugh. Heck, I had to look up my login information so I could reply but it was well worth it. Thanks again for the good laugh and Happy Thanksgiving Guys.
SouthernAngler
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion