Older vs Newer

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Older vs Newer

Postby Lefty Red » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm

First of all, Hi I’m sorry I’ve been off the boards for awhile.

I have a SCCY they had a serial of 355XXX. Stainless upper and FDE lower. Great shooter. I just got finished handling a pistol with a serial of 455XXX and it has a WAY better trigger and feel to the whole pistol.

Was there a lot of changes or upgrades over that stretch? Will call SCCY tomorrow and find out but was wondering what everyone thought.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Seasoned Member

Re: Older vs Newer

Postby alexrckid » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm

my CPX(which is a great pistol) has a 107xxx s/n. couple of months back, i sent it to SCCY for their trigger upgrade(mind you, i had no problems with the original trigger) but they offered to upgrade for free. anyway, the upgrade turns out to be nothing more than a smooth face to the trigger..as opposed to the serrated original. i do prefer this smoother face but, eithway, the trigger "feels" the same. and, that aint a bad thing. the trigger is smooth with no decernable stacking. and, i always liked the feel of a double action......had revolvers in the past. bottom line, great gun to own.
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Just recently put a aftermarket trigger in my wifes CPX-2 #292xxx.
It made a nice difference. :D
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Lefty Red » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 am

Alex-me too! One thing that drew me to the SCCYs was the DAO Trigger. Lighter triggers on my 1911s was ok, but not striker fired weapons. My G43 has a heavier trigger as well. Anything that goes on my waistband can’t be described as “light” or “hair”! LOL

Wrench-was it the one from Galloway? I have used their products in a Mirco 9mm and really like their stuff. But the newer batch of CPXs I handled had a shorter and smoother trigger than mine so was thinking it might be worth the “upgrade” to send it in. If I don’t just buy one! :) Bit then again I don’t want to mess with taking it out and putting it back stock of it has to go back to SCCY for anything. I might get the recoil rod and heavy spring though. I normally go heavier springs on everything I shoot.

I hate to just send in a firearm to a company like SCCY. Yes, it’s warrantied but nothing is wrong with the weapon. I don’t want to add expense to them just because of something that is subjective and non threatening or compromises my safety. Only time I had to use the warranty was with a friends BLK/BLK that had a serial of 101XXX and the recoil assembly blew up in ten rounds and the weapon was completely inoperable.

I know my original SS/GREY went back for a check up when it was purchased by a close friend that needed a weapon in case her BF broke the RO. I had over 3000 through the weapon and it needed a new recoil assembly and I wanted to make sure everything was safe with it. That pistol was from the same batch that my SS/FDE was, which is what I use now.

I have to say I’m also really impressed with the CPX1, the Safety is quite good! I don’t see it getting knocked on (a greater threat to safety IMHO) accidentally. Really has changed my mind about having one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Seasoned Member

Postby alexrckid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:27 am

Lefty.....i mirror all your opinions...they are spot on. i, too, really like my CPX-1. safety has never been any "problem". a quick flip and it's ready to go......
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion