SCCY CPX-2. Any good?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Re: SCCY CPX-2. Any good?

Postby getvicious » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 am

JensenBreck wrote:HI,

Anyway, I've seen several videos and read reviews and most opinions are that the trigger is terrabad, it's fairly light so easy to carry, and for the money it's not a bad gun and the warranty is good.
The SCCY's have been out for a while now, what do people think of them? Have you had any experiences with the customer service department and were they good/bad?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585261

This entire forum is the answer to this very general question.

The trigger being "terrabad" is very subjective. Do you expect a nice light single action trigger? You will be disappointed. Do you expect a rather heavy, smooth, double action only trigger that takes about 9 pounds of pull? You will be delighted.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Renaldow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 pm

I love the trigger. It's just how I want a carry pistol to be. Range guns can have weak triggers, but a DAO on a carry pistol should be strong, which is what the SCCY's is.

I like it. I carry it most days. I've not had a failure with it. The mag springs are tough because they're made to be compressed most of the time. If you can't load 10 in a magazine, load 7-8 and leave it for a few days. Unload it, and when you reload it 10 should go in just fine. Weak springs in a carry gun's mag will cause FTF's over time, so you actually want stiff springs, but that's another thing people complain about.

For a general carry, 10+1 9mm compact pistol, there's really not a better option out there.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby MrJeep » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Renaldow wrote:I love the trigger. It's just how I want a carry pistol to be. Range guns can have weak triggers, but a DAO on a carry pistol should be strong, which is what the SCCY's is.

I like it. I carry it most days. I've not had a failure with it. The mag springs are tough because they're made to be compressed most of the time. If you can't load 10 in a magazine, load 7-8 and leave it for a few days. Unload it, and when you reload it 10 should go in just fine. Weak springs in a carry gun's mag will cause FTF's over time, so you actually want stiff springs, but that's another thing people complain about.

For a general carry, 10+1 9mm compact pistol, there's really not a better option out there.

I agree, I've had mine for awhile and it's been great.
Reach for the SCCY
MrJeep

Postby FastEddie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Well, actually, almost all gun manufacturers believe that overly stiff springs are the cause of FTF's.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby sccytoter » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Well, for me the proof is in the pudding. Mine works great and that is all I need to know.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby WoodLark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 pm

I like mine so much that I just bought another one! The trigger is like a fine revolver trigger, and the size is perfect for concealed carry.
Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
WoodLark

Postby sccytoter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 pm

WoodLark wrote:I like mine so much that I just bought another one! The trigger is like a fine revolver trigger, and the size is perfect for concealed carry.

Ha ha ha! I just bought another one today too! :D This one is FDE grip frame with matt finish slide...my other is FDE grip frame with black slide. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby juror » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:51 am

"Well, for me the proof is in the pudding. Mine works great and that is all I need to know."

"I like mine so much that I just bought another one! The trigger is like a fine revolver trigger, and the size is perfect for concealed carry."

"Ha ha ha! I just bought another one today too! :D This one is FDE grip frame with matt finish slide...my other is FDE grip frame with black slide."

=========

Careful, talk like this will send our forum troll crying to mommy.
juror
Forum Regular

SCCY CPX-2. Any good?

Postby ursamajor » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:54 pm

It’s a CCW. That means carried much, shot little. I CCW’d a Smith and Wesson 442 for years. So I am used to DAO triggers.

It is not a range gun/recreational shooter. But it is a hell of a lot more pleasant to shoot than the Airweight.

I had some hiccups early on-one that required the gun to make a trip in to Sccy for warranty repair. I did go with a heavier spring, and new guiderod. The gun runs flawlessly now. and I’ve run it hard-as to build unwavering confidence in its reliability.

In short, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ursamajor
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:14 pm

The sky is better then fighting back with soup cans or river rocks.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion