Anyone get a CPX-3 for Christmas?

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Anyone get a CPX-3 for Christmas?

Postby samwise » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:56 am

Anyone get a CPX-3 for Christmas? No? I don’t think it will ever be released, so many missed opportunities. Buds has this deal...”Remington is offering a $100 rebate on the RM380 between now and January 6th, 2018, and with our price you get this awesome concealed carry piece for just $119 after rebate!” Yes and free shipping. I know that’s like comparing apples and oranges but I hope SCCY can survive on their 9mm pistol. Not meant to be negative just saying. I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I did get a couple of pistols with the money I had saved for the CPX-3, hope to get to the range this week!! :D :bdh:
samwise

Re: Anyone get a CPX-3 for Christmas?

Postby FastEddie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Purchased both and R51 and RM380 after Thanksgiving. They had same rebate deal, so the 380 was $120 after rebate. Been to the range 2x with 380. Very happy with it, no problems. Nice shooter, very concealable. Would highly recommend, especially at that price.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Bud's jumped their price of the RM380 by $49...
Grabagun.com ($239.00) is cheaper than Buds right now..]
I got mine from Buds @ the 219.00 price just before the price jump. it's $258 now..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby funflyer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am

FastEddie wrote:Purchased both and R51 and RM380 after Thanksgiving. They had same rebate deal, so the 380 was $120 after rebate. Been to the range 2x with 380. Very happy with it, no problems. Nice shooter, very concealable. Would highly recommend, especially at that price.

I did the same thing and got both. The RM380 is a gem and 100% reliable. My R51 had a trigger issue initially, wouldn't trip the sear 50% of the time but, I corrected that easily. Has been 100% reliable thru 500+ rounds since. Couldn't stand that loose plastic PoS trigger so now the R51's in pieces in my shop getting a new one made.

I was really hoping the CPX3 would show up in any LGS but have now given up hope altogether. Even the owners and employees of the local stores are in the dark about it, not sure it even exists.
funflyer

Postby alexrckid » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 pm

i, too, wish the CPX-3 was out, already......really like the wider, double stack grip on the CPX-3......as a back-up, ove got a S&W Bodyguard 380.....the narrow grip is fine for conceal but is tough on the hand at the range....
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Postby Lefty Red » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm

alexrckid wrote:i, too, wish the CPX-3 was out, already......really like the wider, double stack grip on the CPX-3......as a back-up, ove got a S&W Bodyguard 380.....the narrow grip is fine for conceal but is tough on the hand at the range....
Pachmayr makes a great little grip that fits small pistols like the P738, Bodyguard, and P3AT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Lefty Red
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:20 pm

alexrckid wrote:i, too, wish the CPX-3 was out, already......really like the wider, double stack grip on the CPX-3......as a back-up, ove got a S&W Bodyguard 380.....the narrow grip is fine for conceal but is tough on the hand at the range....

Can you explain WHY you would select the CPX-3 over the CPX-2? The seem to be virtually the same size.. So why not get the extra "bang" if you are going to carry around the same size gun??
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby FastEddie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 am

Good question. People can buy what they want, but I am also curious. My primary reason for buying a 380 is the reduced size and weight. Having the size and weight of 9mm with 380 ammo is confusing to me. Especially with the price differential between 380 and 9mm ammo.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby Lefty Red » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 am

Some times, smaller is not better. Take the Sig938/Kimber Micro 9. Small 1911ish pocket pistol that are beast to shoot! But very tame in the 380.

Same with the Ruger LC9 vs the LC9/LC9s, night and day on recoil.

And I know many people that have purchased the Glock 43 only to trade them in for a Glock 42. The muzzle flip is just too much in the single stacked 9. Only way I could shoot the G43 was with the Hogue Beaver Tail Grip. Which makes it the same width as the G26, yet not as controlled.

Most people that I know who carry 24/7, carry either a 380 or snubbie. And sadly, the wheelgun is getting less and less seen. Something they can slip in then pocket or purse or stick inside the waste band. So the minute differences in weight and dimensions, can make a big difference in how it carries. And if you won't carry it........

And less recovering, ie recoiling and power, is good for accurate shot placement. A couple of 380s in the nasal cavity is way better than a 9mm in the foot.

But I am able to shoot the CXP2 very well. So I doubt I would switch as my primary carry weapon. Although the CXP3 is on my watch list and will get one! And if it's as shootable as it's siblings and fits in the pocket better and as accurate, I would carry it. It would be just a tad wider than my Ruger LCPII with the Houge Slip On Grip, and hold a few more rounds.

BTW, the Glock 42 is the ONLY mirco/pocket pistol that I do not need a grip slip on for. Weird! Although the Bodyguard and P3AT are pretty close too. Just when you get to the single stacked 9mms I have problems. So it's subcompact double stacks for me. :)

And there are many positives to going with a 9mm, more power and less cost are the two I think about the most. And if you can handle that, in a small carry weapon, that is great. But if you can't and not accurate with it pass one yard , then it's a hindrance IMHO. And there will be times you may have to take a shot farther than bad breath ranges.

I know when I went to our monthly shoots, we use to have a "run what you brung" daily CCW course. Nothing fancy or extreme, just a "what if" active shooter in a mall. Longest shots were at 15 yards and 5" serving plate to simulate a head shot on an active shooter while kneeling. It was humbling! And afterwards I started to see more G26/27s on co-worker's hips that had single stacked 9s. But in the summer, we ran the same drill and most of us were "caught" with pocket 380s! And the scores were still mucho better than with the single stacked 9mms. And a side note, snubbies with hammers blew away the DOA ones. I ran the course with both and used the SA by cocking the hammer so much that I might as well been carrying a SAA! But shots were 100% accurate and that is what counts with civilian CCW, not capacity.

Sorry for the long winded posts. I don't want to come off as a know it all or an expert. I do train with a different trainer at least once a year and have military and law enforcement/corrections training with all available weapons. But I learn something new every time I go to a new place and always critically listen and think about new ideas. But the three rules I hold to about choosing a weapon can be stolen from The Yankees Marshall: 1) will you carry it? 2) are you able to shoot with it? 3) is it of a capable caliber, but doesn't effect 1&2?

Everyone be safe, it's a jungle out there.

Lefty

Lefty Red
Seasoned Member

Postby samwise » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:09 am

Lefty, that was a great response. If the CPX-3 is ever released and I haven't spent my savings it would be my EDC. :D
samwise

Postby FastEddie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am

samwise wrote:Lefty, that was a great response. If the CPX-3 is ever released and I haven't spent my savings it would be my EDC. :D

Interesting...since what Lefty is saying is the "pocket" 380 appears to be the gun of choice for cc. And, is generally more accurate than the pocket size 9mm. That is also my experience. If prefer a 9mm, but the tiny ones are hard on recoil and accuracy.
BTW here is current price at Rural King, my new fav firearms store. They will ship, but have stores throughout midwest and in FL

Remington RM380 .380 Auto 6rd 2.9" Pistol 96454
SKU: 7362501 |
Availability: In stock
30 Review(s) | Add Your Review | 3 Answered Question(s)
MSRP: $417.00
Regular Price: $265.99 Special Price $229.99
Remington $100 Rebate avail until 1/6/17
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby alexrckid » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Lefty Red wrote:
Pachmayr makes a great little grip that fits small pistols like the P738, Bodyguard, and P3AT.

my Bodyguard 380's got a green laser with the switch on the front of the grip.....checked Hogue and Pachmayr.....none would work because of the switch location...
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Postby Lefty Red » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 am

alexrckid wrote:
Lefty Red wrote:

my Bodyguard 380's got a green laser with the switch on the front of the grip.....checked Hogue and Pachmayr.....none would work because of the switch location...
That does limit your opinions.

Lefty Red
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:43 am

My RM380 is due to arrive today!!!
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby Lefty Red » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 am

HootmonSccy wrote:My RM380 is due to arrive today!!!
Awesome!

My SW617 and son's Ruger American Rimfire is able to be picked up today. So looks like we both are able to go shooting today..,..although indoors for me,LOL.

Lefty Red
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion