Result of call to SCCY customer service

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Result of call to SCCY customer service

Postby benbai66 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am

called SCCY this morning about the recoil spring and frame pin issues with my wifes new cpx9 , the phone was answered immediately by a very courteous lady who transferred me Charlie in the service dept . i explained what had happened , what i had found and he explained thatbi could send it in for repairs or if i felt comfortable he would send me the parts and i could do it ir wven get talked through the process by their gunsmith . they are sending me oversize frame pins and a new recoil spring / guide rod assembly. i will repair it myself and then sell it , they were extremely nice and apologized for the issues
benbai66

Re: Result of call to SCCY customer service

Postby Douglt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:24 pm

After cleaning I got heavy-handed and pushed the slide too far back on the frame and the slide became jammed.
It wouldn't go forward or back. I tried everything I could think off to get the slide to move, but no luck.
I called SCCY to see if I needed a work order to ship the gun back for repair, and the phone was immediately answered and after explaining the problem, the receptionist suggested that I speak to Charlie in the service department. Before she transferred ne she told me to get a flat tip screwdriver and a pair of pliers ready while she transferred me to the Service Dept. (She apparently had taken calls like this before)
Charlie answered immediately and after a brief explanation of the problem, took me through the simple procedure to free the slide.
I was on the phone for less than 3 minutes and had the gun fixed.
I have about 100 rounds through it so far and have had no problems. Also am very imressed with the accuracy.
Douglt

Postby juror » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:55 am

Douglt wrote:...
I was on the phone for less than 3 minutes and had the gun fixed...

You and many others, including myself, have had similar experiences with SCCY's outstanding customer service.

Makes you wonder what the forum trolls, constantly complaining, are up to, and why they don't just go away.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby Geezer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:19 am

After shooting my CPX-2 the other day, I noticed the trigger pin had walked out to the left a little bit. I just tapped it back into place. I remembered reading about walking pins on here. So, I sent an email asking about it and I was told I could send it in or they could send me some new pins. I have new pins on the way.
Geezer

Postby MitchellP » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:30 am

Might just be unreasonable people who don't realize when they're being unreasonable and blame everyone else for their issues. I've had nothing but great experience with customer service too.
MitchellP

Postby FastEddie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:33 pm

My experience with customer service has been good. I had a problem with mags, they sent me new ones. I had a question on walking pins, they answered it. But you are confusing customer service with product reliability. And the world's greatest customer service will not compensate for product missteps and subsequent failure to remedy.
Yes they fixed the mag problem - then I discover the mags have been a problem since almost the beginning. Just on this forum alone about have the people have complained about mag problems. Why has this not been fixed?
Almost everyone has complain
Yes they advised me about reinserting the pin - yet complaints of walking pins are numerous. How many of those complaints for how long before they decide to fix the pin problem?
This is not people being unreasonable, this is a case of SCCY not correcting manufacturing problems.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby juror » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:15 am

MitchellP wrote:Might just be unreasonable people who don't realize when they're being unreasonable and blame everyone else for their issues. I've had nothing but great experience with customer service too.

Some folks think we care about all their niggling complaints. Could be a sign of narcissism.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby FastEddie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:39 am

"Some folks think we care about all their niggling complaints. Could be a sign of narcissism."

Some folks really don't understand the purpose of a forum and think that their opinion is the only important one. Could be a sign of narcissism.

Everyone is entitled to post every niggling complaint. That is what a forum is all about. Don't like it, don't read it.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby Newhouse44 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:41 pm

I suggest anyone on this forum complaining about SCCY CS .. Should deal with Taurus :roll:
Newhouse44

Postby FastEddie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 pm

I have several Taurus. Have contacted Taurus customer service several times. The experience was excellent and they were able to resolve any issues quickly.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby Renaldow » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:36 pm

I had positive experiences with both Taurus and SCCY's CS departments. Taurus had my gun back in my hands within 7 business days, fixed and SCCY sent me 2 free mags.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion