SCCY website...products not available..??

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

SCCY website...products not available..??

Postby alexrckid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 am

check their website....unless i'm either doing something or seeing something wrong, the site sez that the "products are not available"...?????

https://www.sccy.com/
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Re: SCCY website...products not available..??

Postby TrapperBob » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am

Yep, that is what it says for every color combination for the CPX 2 and the CPX 1. Website glitch or very bad sign?
TrapperBob

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:29 pm

I believe it is because you can not purchase guns directly from SCCY..
This is a good thing for their dealers, BUT they should just eliminate availability from their website..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby FastEddie » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Sorry Hoot, but that is a very poor answer. EVERY company EVERY company has products on their website. But NO company says "not available". Why bother having a website if you put stupid things there. The whole purpose of a website is to entice people to buy your products, yet now it appears they have no products. I know they do, but it is so very very STUPID have a dysfunctional website in this day and age.
I have only been involved with SCCY for a few months. In that time I find the company is so dysfunctional that anyone thinking of buying a product of theirs needs to have their intelligence checked. A company that continues to hawk a 380 which is not available anywhere. A company which has defect issues such as recoil rod, springs, mags, sights, mag release, etc etc, and for years and years has made no progress on correcting these problems.
They cannot figure out how to ship parts, telling you you need to go to a FFL to pick up a spring or a screw. They are well intentioned but very much screwed up.
I read this forum and there are far too many people with problems, and it a appears that those who continue to speak about those problems are ridiculed or dismissed.
I started my SCCY experience with bad mags, a front side that fell off, and fairly regular FTE's. They replaced the mags, but of the two replacements, only one works. I have loaded a lot of mags in my life, but nothing even close to the difficulty to load I find with SCCY's mags. I have had a lot of mags that were difficult to load in the beginning, but eased up after a few cycles. My SCCY mags have been loaded for months and not an ease up, still near impossible to load with a great amount of difficulty. WHY has not SCCY fixed this problem after what? 8 years?
I am probably just cranked up because after having my CPX sit for quite a while I finally decided to give it another shot at the range. Well, couldn't get off more than 4 shots without a malfunction. Not my idea of a quality product.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby alexrckid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:52 pm

HootmonSccy wrote:I believe it is because you can not purchase guns directly from SCCY..
This is a good thing for their dealers, BUT they should just eliminate availability from their website..

kinda, sorta thought the same thing but if this is the deal, not a good way to do it. should say we sell thru dealers or something like that.....i guess.
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Postby FastEddie » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Wake up folks and stop making excuses. It is incredibly bad and stupid for the company. You already have two rabid supporters confused. Can you imagine what the public is thinking It clearly says "not available" Bad, bad, stupid, company with head up butt.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Maybe they are updating the site to reflect the mass release of the CPX-3 :mrgreen:
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 pm

FastEddie wrote:Sorry Hoot, but that is a very poor answer. EVERY company EVERY company has products on their website. But NO company says "not available". Why bother having a website if you put stupid things there. The whole purpose of a website is to entice people to buy your products, yet now it appears they have no products. I know they do, but it is so very very STUPID have a dysfunctional website in this day and age.
I have only been involved with SCCY for a few months. In that time I find the company is so dysfunctional that anyone thinking of buying a product of theirs needs to have their intelligence checked. A company that continues to hawk a 380 which is not available anywhere. A company which has defect issues such as recoil rod, springs, mags, sights, mag release, etc etc, and for years and years has made no progress on correcting these problems.
They cannot figure out how to ship parts, telling you you need to go to a FFL to pick up a spring or a screw. They are well intentioned but very much screwed up.
I read this forum and there are far too many people with problems, and it a appears that those who continue to speak about those problems are ridiculed or dismissed.
I started my SCCY experience with bad mags, a front side that fell off, and fairly regular FTE's. They replaced the mags, but of the two replacements, only one works. I have loaded a lot of mags in my life, but nothing even close to the difficulty to load I find with SCCY's mags. I have had a lot of mags that were difficult to load in the beginning, but eased up after a few cycles. My SCCY mags have been loaded for months and not an ease up, still near impossible to load with a great amount of difficulty. WHY has not SCCY fixed this problem after what? 8 years?
I am probably just cranked up because after having my CPX sit for quite a while I finally decided to give it another shot at the range. Well, couldn't get off more than 4 shots without a malfunction. Not my idea of a quality product.

Your experience is disappointing, but also not everyone's experience.
On a forum like this, I expect to see a lot of problems.. We don't have thousands of members like a Sig or S&W forum..
Most people seek out a forum when they are having issues.. It is not necessarily a correlation of what percentage of failures there are to guns sold...
So, Rail away.. But over time, most will resolve their issues and move on, and people will see that it is the same person or persons who constantly rail against the product..
I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset, you do.. BUT.. Work with SCCY, send the gun back and make it clear that you don't want it back until it runs perfect for 200 rounds.. (or.. Just keep bitchin..)
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby wrench459 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 pm

I stopped counting the rounds that has been sent down range with my sky.
1400 as of late 2016
Yes there was hickups along the way.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Joe4 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:02 pm

This is what their website says for each model.
:? "Sorry, this product is unavailable for online purchase. Please contact SCCY or a local dealer to purchase."
There is also a list of dealers but it is not complete. :?: :?: :?:
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few that learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. (Will Rogers)
Joe4

Postby TrapperBob » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:20 pm

That has changed since yesterday. Yesterday it simply said "That combination is not available. Choose another" for every color combination possible. Apparently they fixed that. Good!
TrapperBob

Postby wrench459 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 pm

I see people all the time that make mole hills into mountains.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby economod » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:59 am

Any recent news about sccy's move to Tennessee?
Last I heard (Apr-2017), they expected to be operational in the first half of 2018.
Perhaps their relocation is to blame for their current website shopping dilemma. idunno

OTOH, perhaps their webstore glitch is just business-as-usual at the stagnant bottom.
Afterall, when was the last time that anyone purchased anything through sccy's website?
They don't even sell parts, do they? Pricing was removed from the parts list in their latest manual.

They do offer some branded marketing novelties ... signs, tags, pins, cups, mats, and hats.
The sccy hat sports a contrived American flag ... it's black & silver(?), and sdrawkcab ... business-as-usual.
https://www.sccy.com/product/sccy-hat/
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
economod
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion