newbie sight questions

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

newbie sight questions

Postby Miller87 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:57 am

Just bought a cpx2 9mm, first pistol I have personally owned. set up my target( 12x12 paper target, had an 8" outside circle with a 2" center red dot) marked off 7 yards,put 8 rounds in my magazine. I took a solid stance and held a good grip on the pistol. Took aim lining up my dots and fired. first shot was a foot low, second shot the same. checked my hold, checked my distance, fired again. same spot. adjusted hold and stance, same. checked finger placement again, same. positioned my aim to top of paper, finally on paper( bottom of paper. repeat, almost same spot. adjust slightly lower, hole now off paper. I have shot several had guns and always been pretty accurate. What else could be causing this? is it me, is it the gun. any pointers would help. thanks
Miller87

Re: newbie sight questions

Postby frank » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 am

might try moving up closer for starters ----practice ,practice ,practice ----
this video on trigger control should help ----watch all the vids on the utube sccy channel -good luck !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... UzVjLHpB1w
frank
Forum Regular

Postby Joe C » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Plus one on watching all the videos you can. Also, although not an absolute, attached is a photo of a target that depicts the where and why of what is happening to cause a bullet to hit where it does when we pull the trigger.

Hope this helps.
Failure is not an option
Joe C

Postby wrench459 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Try dry firing with a penny balanced on the end of the slide.

At the range have someone else load your mags with one snap cap in the mix.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Miller87 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 am

Thanks, waiting for some decent weather to get outside. a lot of things to work on.
Miller87

Postby Renaldow » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Sounds like you've got some ideas on what to start looking at. I don't know what you've shot in the past, but a lot of the lighter, smaller 9mm pistols require a much firmer wrist than other pistols that are softer shooters. If you're not maintaining wrist integrity, your shot can go up or down with the recoil.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:21 pm

I've been having good results with the combat grip.
Strong hand pushing forward weak hand pulling back seems to give me a more stable platform.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion