A Few Thoughts

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

A Few Thoughts

Postby 3kt's&asccy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd share some thoughts. I carried a KelTec P11 for several years before learning about the SCCY. In my opinion, there is NO comparison. Yes, there are many similarities, but SCCY took it to a whole other level. The feel of the grip, the trigger, so many things outclass the P11. After some minor work (smoothing the trigger, trimming down the pinky extension to get rid of the point, and some fluff and buff) this pistol is really fun to shoot. I have 3 mags and they all hold 11 rounds. I discovered this quite by accident. I noticed that the pistol rattled if I ran or even walked too hard. Wondering if it was the mag, I pulled it out and tried (successfully) to put another round in it. No more rattle and an extra round!! Good trade off. As to holsters, I, like pretty much everyone else, have at least a dozen, none of which is really comfortable. Then I read a post about the REMORA. Ordered the size for the SCCY with a small laser (ArmaLaser). This is without a doubt the most comfortable, stable holster I've ever used. No clips to make getting it in the waistband a problem, can be moved anywhere on the waist, as well as in the pocket, and STAYS PUT!! And it fits well without the laser on the pistol. This is like having 3 holsters in 1. The others are now consigned to the back of my gun closet, probably never to be heard from again. I've taken my CPX2 everywhere (where it's legal) and sometimes forget it's there. Unfortunately, warm weather will be arriving soon and I'll have to go back to my TCP for summer carry. Not really complaining-it's a good little gun. Maybe I'll see what REMORA has for it. That's about it. I have about 500 rounds through my SCCY (I've had it about 2 years) with not one failure of any kind. It just shoots and shoots!! I know there are a lot of complaints on this forum about the CPX, but honestly, I would not trade this gun for any other. IT IS A KEEPER!!!!!!!
3kt's&asccy

Re: A Few Thoughts

Postby shoothemoon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 am

I agree.
shoothemoon

Postby juror » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 am

3kt's&asccy wrote: I know there are a lot of complaints on this forum about the CPX, but honestly, I would not trade this gun for any other. IT IS A KEEPER!!!!!!!

Careful, 3kt's&asccy. If you say anything good about SCCY here in the SCCY forum, someone coughFastEddiecough will say "your defense of SCCY is admirable, hope you get that job with them."

just sayin'. :)
juror
Forum Regular

Postby FastEddie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:37 pm

When a poster writes about a good experience, no or minor problems, and confidence in their SCCY I am pleased for them. If is works for them, great.
When a poster writes about multiple problems with their SCCY, issues with getting parts, etc and then gushes about the great gun and the great service, one has to question.
A forum is for the exchange of ideas, experiences, and feelings - and they may be supportive, positive, or negative..Although reading back posts in this forum negative comments or questions about SCCY (company, policies, or products) are not totally appreciated.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby juror » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 am

FastEddie wrote:..Although reading back posts in this forum negative comments or questions about SCCY (company, policies, or products) are not totally appreciated.

well, let this be a lesson for you: whatever you post on the internet is there FOREVER. A good lesson to learn while you're still a teenager.
juror
Forum Regular

Postby FastEddie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:52 am

juror wrote:
FastEddie wrote:..Although reading back posts in this forum negative comments or questions about SCCY (company, policies, or products) are not totally appreciated.

well, let this be a lesson for you: whatever you post on the internet is there FOREVER. A good lesson to learn while you're still a teenager.

thanks for the wisdom.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby shoothemoon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 am

juror wrote:

Very true Mr. juror
shoothemoon

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion