Several Issues

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Several Issues

Postby Bubs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:25 am

Morning guys, I bought a CPX 2 a few weeks ago and was finally able to take it to the range on Saturday. Right off the bat I had several issues with the gun. I had multiple failures to feed, the mag didn't want to stay in the gun after each trigger pull, and the slide wouldn't stay open on an empty mag. I didn't have any failures to fire, and ran Remington, Winchester and CCI ammo through it. None of that seemed to matter, I never was able to fire more than two rounds in a row without a failure to feed.

Seems like everyone has experienced some of the same problems I have, does it sound like a magazine problem to you all as well? I haven't called customer service yet, but I am planning to this afternoon.
Bubs

Re: Several Issues

Postby DaveB » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:08 pm

I have read pre-cleaning is essential, especially inside the mag tubes. Make sure the mag springs are not installed upside down. Some were. Make sure you tap the rear of the filled magazine to seat all the rounds against the back. If it still has problems, yes, contact CS. Good luck!!!!
Dave
DaveB

Postby FastEddie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Defective mags have been a continuing problem. The problem seemed to get better for a while, but perhaps the customer service/tech service dept got bored and decided to re-institute the defective mag.
Call SCCY and get new mags before tearing your gun apart. I had two bad mags and they sent new ones. One works well, the other still has issue but not like the originals.

Okay, Mr. Smarty, you can make a troll comment now.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby economod » Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 am

Bubs wrote:... Right off the bat I had several issues with the gun. I had multiple failures to feed, the mag didn't want to stay in the gun after each trigger pull, and the slide wouldn't stay open on an empty mag. ... I never was able to fire more than two rounds in a row without a failure to feed. ...

This sounds like it could be another detached magazine release spring.
Last edited by economod on Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
economod
Veteran Member

Postby sccytoter » Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm

SCCY makes their own magazines in house, but I don't think they really know what they are doing...at least 100%. I wish they would have McGar or someone make them for their pistol. JMHO
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm

A nice g17 ,g19 g17x,g34...will set your wallet back a bit.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion