Defending the sccy

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Defending the sccy

Postby thejonl » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:45 pm

I'm just saying.... I was reading about the sig p365 and some have pointed out that the sccy and keltec p11 already offer the same size and capacity of this 'revolutionary' sig. Then cone the haters. 'yeah but sccy is nothing but junk'. I guess some feel they have to drop $500 or more to get a quality pistol but I've never had any problems. 700 rounds so far, not a single problem. I have no doubt that the p365 is higher quality better trigger Factory night sights Etc I'm just saying it doesn't seem all that revolutionary being at the sky and the Celtic had the same dimensions and same capacity.
thejonl

Re: Defending the sccy

Postby DaveB » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Guess they feel a need to justify spending that kind of cash. If they have it, great. But not all of us do.
DaveB

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm

1st of all, I bought the SCCY to defend me, not the other way around..
Sig makes a nice gun, but they have had a few hick-ups in their day...
I bought the Remington RM380 and I've been very happy with it, as most people are that I have read reviews on..
The pistol that has peaked my interest is the new Springfield Armory 911.. This is just an updated Sig P238, but with some nice refinements for $100 less than the sig (like it comes with 2 mags instead of one).
One really nice thing is the 911 used interchangeable magazines with the Sig, but the 911 mags are $25 instead of the Sig $35-$45...

Anyways... Love my SCCY, I have been carrying the RM380 mostly now (It's getting warm here in Florida)..
Enjoy what you got and love and don't argue with people about it..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby FastEddie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:59 am

Ditto on the RM380. Could not find a comfortable grip or get decent accuracy with any micro pistol...until this Remington. Still can find them around $250. But wouldn't look for Remington to offer any more rebates.
Although I have come to be okay with plastic guns, having a little metal in your hand is good as well.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby sccytoter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:08 pm

I took my latest CPX-2 to the range on Sunday, and other than one magazine not locking the slide back (which I will fix by just sanding down some plastic on the follower), it shot great. Besides, this second one came with the larger pins than my first one did, and the first one is fine too.

I'm sure the SIG is a nice pistol, but for the money, so is the SCCY. OP, don't worry what others think, all that matters is that the pistol you are carrying works, and can be depended on in an emergency. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Defending the sccy

Postby ursamajor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Things I don’t like about Sigs.

1) while being called “drop safe” they go “Bang!” when dropped.

2) they have a cartoonishly bad bore axis.

So the only plus the Sig has, is a 2lb lighter trigger pull (7lbs vs Sccy’s 9lbs), but it weighs 2 oz more unloaded, and is bigger overall (which means less concealable), with the same capacity. All at a price that you could buy 2 Sccy’s + 5+ boxes of ammo. Or Sccy, a TR10 laser, and a crap ton of ammo.

With the lousy bore axis of the Sig, perceived recoil is going to be worse than the Sccy, even with the 2 extra ounces of weight.

Unless I was worried about resale value, I’d go with the Sccy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ursamajor
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 pm

The Sccy is generally viewed as a defensive gun.
Flip the wordage around.
The Sccy can be seen as a offensive weapon.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby thejonl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Good replies here. I also like the rm380, although I currently don't own one, it was between that and the lcp and the lcp was a deal too good to pass up ($180 out the door). But the rm 380 is designed around the r9 which is about the smallest, coolest 9mm I can think of. Anyway, I just think it's funny. All this hype with the sig p365 is obviously a marketing strategy, all the reviews are calling it revolutionary, even black magic. Yet a gun the same size, even smaller with 10 rounds of 9mm has been out for like 20 years
thejonl

Postby sccytoter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm

thejonl wrote:Good replies here. I also like the rm380, although I currently don't own one, it was between that and the lcp and the lcp was a deal too good to pass up ($180 out the door). But the rm 380 is designed around the r9 which is about the smallest, coolest 9mm I can think of. Anyway, I just think it's funny. All this hype with the sig p365 is obviously a marketing strategy, all the reviews are calling it revolutionary, even black magic. Yet a gun the same size, even smaller with 10 rounds of 9mm has been out for like 20 years

Yeah, kinda when Glock came out with the G42. Nice little gun, but I think they could have figured a way to get seven rounds in there.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby jimbojr85 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:18 pm

I like my SCCY just fine, but at the end of the day it doesn't even begin to compare to my Sig P320. With that being said, it's amazing how often I grab the SCCY when I am just running out on a few errands and don't want to bother with something big and heavy. Oh, and the bore axis on the Sig? Not an issue.
jimbojr85
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion