Release button for magazine falls out

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

Release button for magazine falls out

Postby Flowsho73 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 pm

The spring for my magazine release keeps coming out of place I've tried to put it back but it keeps moving and the mclip will fall out I get the pin in the button it's self but I can't get the other side to stay where it needs to be is there a easy fix for this or do I need to send it in (this has been happening since I first bought my cx-2)
Flowsho73

Re: Release button for magazine falls out

Postby economod » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 am

Sccy revised the mag release spring a very long time ago, by adding a 90° bend to the short leg on the right side.
Perhaps you have an older vintage cpx with the straight-leg spring?
Compare it to the picture on page 30 of the latest manual ... https://www.sccy.com/downloads/

Also, this same detachment problem has repeated itself on more recent gen 2's with the revised spring.
The exact cause is vague, ranging from improper assembly to perhaps a batch of poorly formed springs.
Members report that the equally vague solution has required a no-charge factory return for repair.
Give Sccy a call. This is another of the persistent design failures of which they are aware.

It's been suggested that a shallow hole on the right side of the frame could help to locate and retain the 90° bend.
It can't hurt to request a new mag release spring, but it may only be sent to you through your local FFL dealer. hth
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
economod
Veteran Member

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion