SCCY CPX-3

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

SCCY CPX-3

Postby madmax » Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Are there any CPX-3 out there? I have checked every gun shop in Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington none to be found.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Re: SCCY CPX-3

Postby wrench459 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 pm

I have no reason to go with a 380 over the 9.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby madmax » Fri May 25, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks for the response but I am not looking to compare the pros and cons of the 380 vs the 9mm. I asked if the 380 was available.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat May 26, 2018 6:56 am

It seems like it was available for about a minute.. Someone on here has one.. But then they were yanked from availability..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby FastEddie » Sat May 26, 2018 5:49 pm

I have a few relatives/friends who work for different sporting goods chains that sell firearms. None of them have seen a CPX-3. Nephew called a distributor because a customer asked about getting one. Distributor said SCCY won't answer questions on the 3.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby frank » Sun May 27, 2018 10:08 am

i and my brother have them . like it a lot . have no earthly idea why they stopped making them ,or won`t talk about it ---------
mine with my cpx-2
Attachments
DSCI0470.JPG
frank
Forum Regular

Postby economod » Mon May 28, 2018 3:07 am

frank ... Your photo seems to show your CPX-3 (August-2017) may use the same improved frame pins that have been reported in CPX-2's since the same general time period.
9mm Ammo Length . SCCY Wood Shims . CPX2 Replaced-Sold
VOTE! "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." MLK Jr. 1957
economod
Veteran Member

Postby FastEddie » Mon May 28, 2018 9:00 am

Just hold on to those CPX-3's. They now appear to be a very very limited edition. Like the Mickey Mantle rookie card, perhaps only about a dozen exist and they may be valuable someday. :lol: :lol: :lol:
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby Pony Soldier » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:14 pm

The lack of concurrent active communication on this forum may relate to diminished
interest in SCCY. What might be your feedback about this?
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Postby Renaldow » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Pony Soldier wrote:The lack of concurrent active communication on this forum may relate to diminished
interest in SCCY. What might be your feedback about this?

My feedback is that they've made 2.5 variations (I'm counting the 3 as .5) of the same pistol design for the last 15 years. And that design, while mine has worked fine, isn't necessarily anything to write home about.

Like a lot of small companies, I think SCCY's inability to innovate or come out with new products is what will eventually kill it. We're at a time where everyone who specifically wanted a SCCY now owns one and new guns are being purchased by people who see it only as a sub-$200 9mm. That market doesn't last very long and aside from the CPX-3 which was released and then it wasn't, SCCY's offered nothing new in years.
Renaldow
Forum Regular

Postby FastEddie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 am

It appears that SCCY's effort at innovation and product development has been limited to making a huge variety of hot colored pistols. While interesting, it doesn't appear the market is interested in pretty designer firearms. Several major companies have tried that over the years and have discovered the market is not there. Taurus, Ruger, Beretta, Brownng, and even Sig tried the pink experiment and found the market response underwhelming. While female gun ownership has increased, it is a small fraction of male gun owners. And all the females I know wouldn't want a pink one either. While there are a few men who would like a pink, red, green, etc pistol, that number is really small. SCCY has about 20 different color variations. Even a huge firearms dealer isn't going to display that many different variations of low margin pistol.
Couple that with the introduction of many new offerings from major manufacturers competitively priced with SCCY and it is difficult to gain a market share.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:57 pm

At one time Fla. was called the "gunshine" state.
I'm afraid that the snowbirds has moved in along with there politics.
Can say that I don't blame Sccy for leaving a non-friendly state for greener pastures.
Signed
A ex cracker.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby FastEddie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:53 pm

wrench459 wrote:At one time Fla. was called the "gunshine" state.
I'm afraid that the snowbirds has moved in along with there politics.
Can say that I don't blame Sccy for leaving a non-friendly state for greener pastures.
Signed
A ex cracker.

If they are indeed moving...it is a verrrrry slow process. They are still in FLA. The relo appears to be moving at the same speed as the introduction of the CPX3. Snails are speedy compared to SCCY.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

FastEddie wrote:...
Snails are speedy compared to SCCY.

Yes the short bbl(3.1inch) is a slow poke.
About 100fps under the fours...
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby FastEddie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:52 am

I don't know if I can continue on this forum. The intense level of activity here is taking too much of my time. I am required to check it every 60 days or so to keep up with the heavy volume of posts......LOL. Does anyone give a rat's butt about the SCCY pistol? Or is it a product that has come.....and.....gone...........?
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Next

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion