CPX-3....here we go again..

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

CPX-3....here we go again..

Postby alexrckid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 am

just yesterday, saw a brand new edition of this magazine(American Gunner/Concealed Carry Edition, volumn 22, special edition 2018) at a local books-a-million. has a full test of the "new" CPX-3 along with a contest give away of that gun for a "lucky" winner. just like all the other CPX-3 gun tests in other magazines over the last year or two, they liked it. so............only ones not seeing it are the general public, it seems.
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Re: CPX-3....here we go again..

Postby funflyer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:49 pm

The biggest issue I see for the CPX3, other than actually getting them out the door, is the initial price point. I see it lists for $349, where the CPX2 lists for $269. So with prices as low as $199 and under for the CPX2, where is the CPX3 going to start? Are dealer willing to stock them at that price point? Anybody here foolish to pay close to list?, because that's where new guns usually start. I wouldn't even consider one until the prices are down where the CPX2's are.
funflyer

Re: CPX-3....here we go again..

Postby FastEddie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:59 am

Ever see a bad review in one of these gun magazines? A bad review will eliminate any future freebies or info from manufacturers. Many times they haven't even seen or tested the gun, they just copy the PR info from the manufacturer. Since the SCCY started hyping the CPX-3 at least a dozen new or revised .380's have hit the market.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion