CPX-3 again..

For the general discussion of SCCY Industries firearms. Includes the SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP handguns.

CPX-3 again..

Postby alexrckid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:35 pm

so, just today, saw the NEW AMERICAN HANDGUNNER magazine(Nov/Dec edition)....lo and behold, yet another, and current, CPX-3 review..great review and the liked the gun.....been seeing cpx-3 reviews for a few years in just about all the gun mags out there...but, still cant find one in the Myrtle Beach, SC area.....oh well...
alexrckid
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:31 am

I just don't understand why you would pay the same money for a .380 that is the same size the 9mm..
Except if you have wrist issues and just can't slide the 9.
Should have been a nice little single stack...
We shall see how popular it is and how reliable.. (maybe if some become available)
Image
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator
 
Posts: 2333
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby FastEddie » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:54 am

HootmonSccy wrote:I just don't understand why you would pay the same money for a .380 that is the same size the 9mm..
Except if you have wrist issues and just can't slide the 9.
Should have been a nice little single stack...
We shall see how popular it is and how reliable.. (maybe if some become available)


Stop and really think about the job it is intended to do. Understand the real task: to get combat-accurate hits, with an effective bullet, on target as fast as you can get them. In some cases, that .380 might be better at the task than anything else. You indicate you have a lot of firearms experience and should understand this concept. Serious testing indicates not a lot of difference between the .380 and 9mm. Thousands of law enforcement agencies also failed to recognize this concept and moved like lemmings to the .40 caliber. Fortunately, many of them have recognized the.40 decreased accuracy and increased firearm wear and have returned to the 9mm.
FastEddie
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 7:15 am

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 pm

FastEddie wrote:
HootmonSccy wrote:I just don't understand why you would pay the same money for a .380 that is the same size the 9mm..
Except if you have wrist issues and just can't slide the 9.
Should have been a nice little single stack...
We shall see how popular it is and how reliable.. (maybe if some become available)


Stop and really think about the job it is intended to do. Understand the real task: to get combat-accurate hits, with an effective bullet, on target as fast as you can get them. In some cases, that .380 might be better at the task than anything else. You indicate you have a lot of firearms experience and should understand this concept. Serious testing indicates not a lot of difference between the .380 and 9mm. Thousands of law enforcement agencies also failed to recognize this concept and moved like lemmings to the .40 caliber. Fortunately, many of them have recognized the.40 decreased accuracy and increased firearm wear and have returned to the 9mm.


I'm not sure why you think I have indicated that I have lots of firearms experience?
Might the .380 be a perfect gun for someone??? Sure.. Just like I said about the recoil spring not being as stiff and someone with an arm issue might find it better (This is true for my wife)..
I'm not knocking a .380, Hell, I carry a .380 on most days because it's hot here in Florida, and everyone has a T-shirt on here.. It's much smaller than my SCCY, and while I am working (I move around a lot most of the day) the little .380 is a more comfortable choice for me.. IF I'm going somewhere more questionable, or while I'm out hunting, I will take my SCCY..
But for most, if the cost is the same, the size is virtually the same, then most will choose the 9mm.. I'm just saying the 9mm will likely sell more units that the .380..
Image
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator
 
Posts: 2333
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby getvicious » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 am

I think SCCY missed it with the CPX-3. The trend seems to be tiny pistols like the LCP or spectrum. Time will tell if they get the gun into actual production.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
User avatar
getvicious
Topic Moderator
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby rogertc1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:04 am

CPX-3 never made it into production. Even after their move. Maybe 2019 or maybe not.
I HAVE MORE GUNS THAN YOU.
rogertc1
Premium Member
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 am

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby Ricksza » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 am

Did they ever move? All the information about the move is from April 2017. Their shipping address still says Daytona Beach, FL.
Ricksza
New Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:48 am

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby alexrckid » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:08 pm

still, just really gets me how MANY gun mags reviewed the CPX-3(including up to a current mag) and STILL NO GUN.......absolutely makes no sense. awhile back, i called SCCY about the CPX-3....was told that "they" sent a bunch out to some of the big distributors(Hicks and Lipseys)....both sell to gun stores. had a few of my local gun shops call the distributors(while i stood by)....both said that they have NOT received and CPX-3's from SCCY.......so.???????????? !!!!!!!!! really dont get it.
alexrckid
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby juror » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:39 am

Ricksza wrote:Did they ever move? All the information about the move is from April 2017. Their shipping address still says Daytona Beach, FL.

I had a warranty repair on my cpx2 recently, and it went to Daytona Beach.

BTW, I called SCCY and they emailed me a FedEx shipping label immediately. I took the pistol to a FedEx shipping&receiving center on a Monday. They took the package, no questions asked, postage paid. I got my gun back the following Thursday.

4 days, including shipping.
juror
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: CPX-3 again..

Postby pastorama » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:37 am

Hi,
I haven't signed in for a while. I got tired of all the complainers.
I just think maybe they are waiting for the move to TN on the CPX 3
Btw I just mine in for repair as well, took 4 days turn around.
my front pin just started to walk serial no. 34xxx. He ask me to send it so they could do the upgrades.
I haven't shot it yet due to surgery. hopefully in the next 2 week due to surgery on my shooting hand.
It wasn't bad carrying my model 669 s&w for a few days while i waited.
I really like the 9mm over the 380 but understand if easier to shoot. But the price of ammo limits me.
I like to go to the range monthly and shoot my 3 9mm. so bargins are important to me.
pastorama
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:58 am


Return to SCCY Firearms General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

Join Florida Carry