Hello!

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Hello!

Postby Dragons4u » Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi there everyone,
My name is Jason and I'm a CPX owner from Ohio.
So far I have very much enjoyed shooting this firearm, except for the fact I bought a CPX-1 and the safety bump hits my hand on firing.
So far working great after about 500 rounds so far.
Dragons4u

Re: Hello!

Postby getvicious » Wed May 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Howdy and welcome from NC. Your issue indicates you're gripping the pistol too high. Of course saying you need to grip the pistol lower and being able to do that are very different things, especially for a small frame gun that the entire hand doesn't fit on. You might consider filing the safety guard down where you rub it. Some people have done that with good results.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby ron28spells » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:13 pm

Also had this problem, try filing away a small amount of the safety guard and apply a small amount of clear silicon on the lower side of the safety guard and let cure, then take it out to the range, if this eliminates the problem you may want to replace the silicon with a more permanent fix, my frame / grip is gray , I mixed jb weld and applied in place of the silicon , be sure to lightly scuff the grip before applying the jb weld , but do it carefully , only scuff where you intend to apply the jb weld .

Sent from my Trio Stealth G5 7.85 using Tapatalk
ron28spells

Postby getvicious » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 am

ron28spells - Howdy and welcome from NC.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Introductions