New Sccy CPX-2 owner.

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

New Sccy CPX-2 owner.

Postby dbar71 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:37 am

Hi, bought my CPX-2 last week and finally got to put some rounds down range. Within the first 5 rounds I had 2 FTF. Could have been me not being strong enough in my wrist or my pinky pushing on the magazine. Fired another 75 rounds and no problems. Nice gun very pleased and qualified easily for my CC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
dbar71

Re: New Sccy CPX-2 owner.

Postby getvicious » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 pm

dbar71 wrote:Hi, bought my CPX-2 last week and finally got to put some rounds down range. Within the first 5 rounds I had 2 FTF. Could have been me not being strong enough in my wrist or my pinky pushing on the magazine. Fired another 75 rounds and no problems. Nice gun very pleased and qualified easily for my CC.

Howdy and welcome from NC.

Yes, these small plastic pistols definitely take a firm grip to function correctly. Much more so that a metal pistol.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:24 pm

dbar71 wrote:Hi, bought my CPX-2 last week and finally got to put some rounds down range. Within the first 5 rounds I had 2 FTF. Could have been me not being strong enough in my wrist or my pinky pushing on the magazine. Fired another 75 rounds and no problems. Nice gun very pleased and qualified easily for my CC.

Hello and welcome from Indiana! Glad you are happy with your new pistol...I love my CPX-2. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby yogi3 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:27 pm

as another new sccy cpx-2 owner, picked it up about 2 weeks ago, with a black friday price($200),...put 250 founds thru it,---3 requiring a second trigger pull, alum cased, hard primer from what i read on this forum, and 3 failure to feed, same ammo, (guess they don't slide as good as brass. i had about a dozen boxes, so i used 150 of them with 100 brass --both 115 gr fmj.----pistol is very accurate, having cleaned and oiled, polished feed ramp and some lite filing, as suggested here. the ffl dealer had 2 extra mags i also picked up. the receiver had a scratch on the right rail, just as some else reported, i also left it. found a cheap $5 phone wallet to carry of them. on the original mags i switched to the flat base, feels fine coming from a j-frame. grip is great, dao seems great,as well as the long reset, (not many glove days in florida), just did not file the trigger, feels ok.....prior to cleaning it looked like the test rounds, not the 1 in the envelope, were pretty potent, left a brass imprint by the firing pin like a .357. cleaned it this evening, dug out the 147 gr. i forget to bring, will have to wait till next weekend to see how they cycle.---by the way, the other 100 rounds were also about $10 a box---perfecta brand.
yogi3

Return to Introductions