Sccy Newbie

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Sccy Newbie

Postby Chapabel » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:16 am

Greeting all. I picked up my first Sccy yesterday. After being a good boy at home and going out of my way to make my wife happy for the last several weeks, I got the go-ahead to purchase a new ccw. I have been carrying a Ruger SR40c for several months. I love my Ruger but wanted something a little lighter to carry. I have been doing alot of research online, watching videos and reading multitudes of reviews. It was during this time that Sccy caught my attention. I started seeing alot of favorable reviews on the CPX-2. I narrowed my search down to the Ruger LC9s Pro and the Sccy CPX-2. I finally settled on the Ruger. So I go to the gun store and hold the Ruger. It just didn't feel good in my hand. It felt too narrow if that's possible. I don't have extremely large hands, but the grip on the Ruger seemed puny. So I asked to hold the CPX-2. I held both, racked the slide on both, aimed them and dried fired them several times. The CPX-2 just stood out so I got one in black/FDE. I sat all evening dry firing it. I believe I have figured out exactly where to pull the trigger to stage it right before it breaks. Hopefully, this Saturday I'll be able to run a couple of boxes thru this little gem. Anyway, glad to be here and I'll let y'all know how it fires the first time.
Chapabel

Re: Sccy Newbie

Postby getvicious » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Howdy and welcome from NC. Let us know what you think after you shoot it a bit.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby wrench459 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:23 pm

First off welcome to the site.
I'm sure that you'll enjoy the snappy sccy gen 2.

My other half whom has never been comfortable around any type of gun.
Scored a 60 out on the NRA first time class.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Chapabel » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Well, I'll have to say I absolutely love my little Sccy. Got a chance to run about 60 rounds through it. It operated flawlessly. No FTF, no FTE, no light strikes. At 7 yards I was grouping about an inch and half. At 10 yards I did some rapid fire and every shot landed inside of a paper plate. At 13 yards I was still hitting the plate. I fired ten rounds at a 3 inch metal swinging target hitting it 6 times. Figuring out where to stage my trigger before it broke really helped overcoming the long pull. It did not have as much recoil as I thought it would. I believe I will get more accurate with more practice. Overall I am extremely pleased with it.
Chapabel

Return to Introductions