Hello, from Branson, Missouri

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Hello, from Branson, Missouri

Postby RolandD » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:14 pm

I've been lurking for about a week, thought it was time to introduce myself.

I have more experience handling firearms than shooting them. My father served in Korea, and taught me the basics of shooting and safe handling. We fired his .38 Chiefs Special, infrequently when I was a kid. When I was a teen, he traded the S&W for a Llama 9mm and I fired it some back then. The Llama is now mine, and still, probably, has had less than 200 rounds through it, but I plan to change that.

My wife and I will be getting our Concealed Carry License's soon and are shopping for appropriate handguns. I want to keep costs down, but still have a reliable weapon. My research suggests that Taurus and SCCY are the best bets for price, quality, concealability, and reliability. Or, have I just convinced myself that because I'm cheap?
RolandD

Re: Hello, from Branson, Missouri

Postby MWilliams66 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 pm

d
Last edited by MWilliams66 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MWilliams66

Postby getvicious » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:00 am

Howdy and welcome from NC.

My experience is different from that of MWilliams66.

I bought my CPX-1 in 2010. I had some issues (all posted here in past). SCCY replaced the pistol with a 2nd Gen in 2012. Mine has been fine and works well. I trust mine.

Personally, I believe gun forums tend to attract people who have issues more than people who have no issues. At least specific gun forums (like this one, KTOG, others).

Having said that, there is no denying SCCY has had continuing issues and some people have very poor results with their CPX pistols. Others have no issues.

Read the threads here, and on other forums and groups. Read the reviews. Do your research. Come to your own decision.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby wrench459 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 pm

I agree with the above ^
When I pull the trigger on my gen 2 it goes BANG.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to Introductions