Greetings

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Greetings

Postby jayel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 am

Jayel (John L.) from Iowa life long hunter/shooter have owned many different firearms over the years mostly smaller calibers, .22, .22Mag, .410, 20 guage in the long guns .22 pistol .25 auto, 9mm CCW permit for over 5 years Liberal politics we're not all gun haters, I like the SCCY 9 for the DOA ability to carry loaded can't do that with my .25 I don't trust a cocked striker fired pistol to easy for the safety to flip off, motorcycle rider so I like a smaller weapon when I do carry, happy with the gun so far only a hundred rounds (147gr REM JFN,WIN 115gr JRN) thru it so far but working well, tried some 147gr TulAmmo steel case could only load 5/6 rounds before it would hang/jam in the mags and it would FTFeed needless to say won't be using Tula again, probably won't post a lot but enjoy reading
Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?
jayel

Re: Greetings

Postby getvicious » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:53 am

Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us.

You mentioned the TulAmmo steel rounds jamming in the magazine. In the last year, or so, people have reported issues with longer rounds (within SAAMI specs but on the high end) not feeding well from their magazines. I assume the TulAmmo (OAL) is longer than the other rounds you mentioned. Is that true?

You might check out this post:
http://www.sccyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16557&p=43934&hilit=Magazine+Problem+and+potential#p43934

If you search the forum for similar topics you should find more info.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: Greetings

Postby jayel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:25 pm

" I assume the TulAmmo (OAL) is longer than the other rounds you mentioned. Is that true?"

Wouldn't have a guess I didn't measure the OAL of the round but that seems to have been the problem, would start jamming in the mag after loading more or less five rounds pull the mag and palm slap it to jar them loose, would feed ok when in the top of the mag, shot ok but FTF is not what anyone would want in a defensive gun/situation
Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?
jayel

Return to Introductions