n00b with a CPX-2 CB (Many "smaller" Pics inside)

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Re: n00b with a CPX-2 CB (Many "smaller" Pics inside)

Postby getvicious » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Merc6 wrote:
parkerd wrote:Looks interesting, hope it doesn't rust on you.

It was pretty scratched/gouged up already. Worse case I found more barrels here and there online. I was gonna buy one and then polish it but just went ahead.

I polished my barrel on my original CPX in 2010 and on my Gen 2 replacement in 2012 - never had a corrosion issue even though I'm in a really humid / damp location (NC) and pocket carry almost exclusively.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Merc6 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:27 am

getvicious wrote:
Merc6 wrote:
parkerd wrote:Looks interesting, hope it doesn't rust on you.

It was pretty scratched/gouged up already. Worse case I found more barrels here and there online. I was gonna buy one and then polish it but just went ahead.

I polished my barrel on my original CPX in 2010 and on my Gen 2 replacement in 2012 - never had a corrosion issue even though I'm in a really humid / damp location (NC) and pocket carry almost exclusively.

Good to know, I'm used to cleaning my guns monthly and after each range visit so that should help prevent issues. SCCY is also pocket carry for the time being. Still working out the IWB and OWB holster situation for the 1911(granted I found a pair of shorts that let me pocket the 1911). I have my eye on the Foxx holster for the SCCY but haven't committed to it yet.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:54 am

Does anyone else do this with the take down so it's not easily lost? Was gluing the pins in. This is also the new guide rod pictured from SCCY. Doesn't look different from the old one but less abused and still painted black.

I recently got a clipdraw for the 1911(will post more in the other guns section) and a FOXX holster for the SCCY.

I took a few pics w/o the slide and noticed kinda why the slide wobbles from the beginning post I made.

This is where the barrel moves that much to the right and same amount to the left.There was a guy who said he had a fix to that, can't find that or him again. It may have been one of the FB groups. if it shoots fine at the range I'll try to stop letting OCD take over.

SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:54 pm

I have several small prescription bottles I've removed the labels from and old 35mm film containers I use to keep small pieces and parts in when working on stuff. Anything that keeps small parts from getting lost is good.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Merc6 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:53 am

getvicious wrote:I have several small prescription bottles I've removed the labels from and old 35mm film containers I use to keep small pieces and parts in when working on stuff. Anything that keeps small parts from getting lost is good.

Yes found this out the hard way when I had a family member help me tear down my engine. All the screws studs and nuts were in one bin. Taking extra time to separate and log stuff helps later on.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Fired 100 rounds though it yesterday while also breaking in the other gun. think it's fixed now. Plan on trying to squeeze another 100 though to make sure. While I was there I had the misfortune to find a CPX2 TTDE and TTSG on display. Where were they when I got my CB? :bs:
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:31 am

Since my last post I broke some things :lol:

Shot the sights right off. Simple fix.

Managed to get the shell casing to reload it's self back into the magazine. I didn't realize what was next to come.

Next range day I broke the ejector. I guess because it's a trigger group item they gotta ship it to the gun store.

SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Finally got my parts in. The ejector and the slim metal slide lock. The video on the slide lock was simple, can't find one on the ejector. So far I still been firing the gun and pins still in tact. The shell casing with broken extractor are going to the left, right, straight up, or in front of the gun. I'm more amazed the gun is working better with broken parts that I'm almost not wanting to touch it. 200 rounds I will have 2 failure to eject all the way. I'm more worried about breaking the frame removing the super glued pins. There is a guy selling frames on eBay in the event I needed one for...$100! At that point I may as well eat the $80 and ship it back for more updated parts.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:21 pm

getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Merc6 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:00 am

Thanks I ended up finding the thread shortly after. Gonna have to send it off, broke 2 punches on the oversized pins.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:41 am

Forgot to come back here. I got it back with the regular pins and it walked the 1st magazine.

They replaced the lower and all the internals in the trigger assembly. Not sure what they did but the new trigger isn't as great. When I asked if I could get the old one back the said no because they all have a defect in them.

I also had the metal slide lock put on.

Not sure how I got this blister, never had that happen all the years of shooting. Been common since the new trigger installed.

I also broke the ejector again so I'll see if I can find the other one I had a spare of.

Here was supported and unsupported, I'll let you guess which is which.

SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby sccytoter » Mon May 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Man, you are having a hell of a time with the ejectors.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Tue May 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Merc6 what mite be your first 3 ser# aka 123XXX
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby Merc6 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 pm

sccytoter wrote:Man, you are having a hell of a time with the ejectors.

Just getting around to replacing it now. I've accepted it as a way of life. It's only annoying how the shells come out straight up and back down at me but gun still worked. Can't really fault it for that except a random fte here and there.

arcus10mm wrote:Merc6 what mite be your first 3 ser# aka 123XXX

218XXX
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Previous

Return to Introductions