Hello from GA

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Hello from GA

Postby Donald4k » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi everyone. I joined because I'm looking to buy a CPX-1 #01-008 Grip Frame in Black, FDE, or Sniper Gray. As has been discussed all around this board, Daytona won't sell me one without returning it them, paying $40 for FedEx overnight and $70.00 for the color change. That's 60% of what I paid for the gun used, like new. Anyway, if someone has a parts gun in one of those colors, PM me. Thanks for all the posts. I'm looking forward to using this forum as another resource. :D
Donald4k

Re: Hello from GA

Postby arcus10mm » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Donald4k wrote:Hi everyone. I joined because I'm looking to buy a CPX-1 #01-008 Grip Frame in Black, FDE, or Sniper Gray. As has been discussed all around this board, Daytona won't sell me one without returning it them, paying $40 for FedEx overnight and $70.00 for the color change. That's 60% of what I paid for the gun used, like new. Anyway, if someone has a parts gun in one of those colors, PM me. Thanks for all the posts. I'm looking forward to using this forum as another resource. :D

Rit dye $2.99 plus tax
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:46 pm

parkerd wrote:Sorry to tell you that I agree with SCCY. I want them to honor the warranty, that will make them a strong company. The warranty is about defects, not about poor choices. Catering to people who can't decide what they want and who bought the wrong thing is a poor business practice.

what about us bubba gunsmith -- stippling- picatinny rail-no finger groves -single stack...................................its a non ser# part how are "we" going to make race guns with no parts :lol:
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Donald4k - Howdy and welcome from NC.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Merc6 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:36 am

I only seen like 2 used frames and they were both black for $60. Seeing that SCCY sends you the old one back, I take it these where the original grips and the owners are trying to make that money back. One day Ill try and find a legit dealer to help me ship back and get my color of choice. here they only sell CB or TT with CB being CPX2 and TT CPX1.
SCCY CPX-2 CB SOLD
SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
Glock 17 Gen 3
PF940 V1.5
Remington 870 Express
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Donald4k » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:14 pm

parkerd wrote:Sorry to tell you that I agree with SCCY. I want them to honor the warranty, that will make them a strong company. The warranty is about defects, not about poor choices. Catering to people who can't decide what they want and who bought the wrong thing is a poor business practice.

Well, first let me thank you for welcoming me to the board. There's nothing quite like a warm, hospitable reception from other 2A supporters. Secondly, it was not a matter of bad choices or indecisiveness, in spite of what you were so quick to assume. The little pistol was a bargain, and I bought it. I'm simply looking for a part to purchase. If my memory serves me correctly, other firearm owners will often customize their weapons. Maybe you don't have the desire or the skills, but I have seen people do it before. Thirdly and finally, I trust that you have a nice day and find a better way to relate with people. You obviously have problem with social interactions, and it is folks like you who give the anti-gun lobby fuel for their fires.

There's no need to reply to this. Your opinions are irrelevant to my request, completely off-topic, and I do not care to have any further contact with you.
Last edited by Donald4k on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Donald4k

Postby Donald4k » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 pm

Merc6 wrote:I only seen like 2 used frames and they were both black for $60. Seeing that SCCY sends you the old one back, I take it these where the original grips and the owners are trying to make that money back. One day Ill try and find a legit dealer to help me ship back and get my color of choice. here they only sell CB or TT with CB being CPX2 and TT CPX1.

Thank you for your reply. Nice to meet you.
Donald4k

Postby Donald4k » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:16 pm

:D
getvicious wrote:Donald4k - Howdy and welcome from NC.
Donald4k

Postby wrench459 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Welcome to the Ga. gang.
Are you located on the north or south side of the big city?
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Donald4k » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:46 pm

wrench459 wrote:Welcome to the Ga. gang.
Are you located on the north or south side of the big city?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm up in the NW side of the state in Floyd County. Is there a thread for the GA Gang? :)
Donald4k

Postby wrench459 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Donald4k wrote: Is there a thread for the GA Gang?

It's more of a general thing..
Soldiers oath.
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Donald4k » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 pm

wrench459 wrote:
Donald4k wrote: Is there a thread for the GA Gang?

It's more of a general thing..
Soldiers oath.
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

No problem on being a Constitutionalist. I took an oath like that back in the 1980s when I joined the GA Guard. I'll keep an eye out for y'all.
Donald4k

Postby hitmanharleyk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Georgia guy here also, way down south in Moultrie.
hitmanharleyk

Postby tom47 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:09 pm

A belated welcome to you! Another member here way down in southeast Georgia. Another 1/4 mile and I'd have been a Floridian! 8)
USAF
1965 to 1968
Takhli RTAFB
tom47
Forum Regular

Return to Introductions