CPX-3 DOESN'T EXIST

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

CPX-3 DOESN'T EXIST

Postby cgray451 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:50 pm

First comment here--Does anyone have a problem with a company which promises a new product for TWO YEARS, kicking the can down the road another few months every few months, deletes questions about that new product on Facebook and Instagram, blocks people on Facebook and Instagram for daring to ask about when the new product is going to be released, and...so on. See where I'm going with this? Please discuss.
cgray451

Re: CPX-3 DOESN'T EXIST

Postby wrench459 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:39 pm

cgray451 wrote: Please discuss.

Ok will a CPX-1 or CPX-2 cycle well with a 380 round?
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby cgray451 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Has a tough enough time with a 9mm.
cgray451

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:26 am

They had one on Guns & Gear in a segment... They did not shoot it, but were comparing it to another .380.
This does not mean it's available to the public.
I think they missed the mark anyways with this pistol.. It is virtually the same as the CPX-2 except it shoots .380 instead of 9mm..
If I have to carry the same size gun around, why wouldn't I go with the larger cheaper caliber..
They should have made the CPX-3 a single stack slim model so it would be a true pocket carry gun.. (Just my opinion)
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby cgray451 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:08 am

My personal opinion is that the "Roebuck Quad Lock" doesn't work. It probably causes the recoil spring to get mangled if the gun isn't perfectly perpendicular with the ground, so if SCCY actually starting selling these things, the repair costs or full-scale recall would probably wind up bankrupting the company. If they admit the gun will never be released, it will be a huge PR hit, so they've just been obfuscating for two years. Happy as hell I sold my piece of junk CPX-2 last year. :lol:
cgray451

Postby Mrbone » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:24 pm

I couldnt be happier with the taurus i traded my sccy for. Its been 100 percent. :kickback: i really wanted to love the cpx but after the 5th or so time back home, i said feck it. :mrgreen:
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby Hektor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:47 pm

I can understand why you might be frustrated with the wait. I've been holding off trading in one of my vehicles until the Elio comes out and I can actually test drive it. It has been a couple of years in the wait. It is appealing as a run-around-town or short commute vehicle. I have just about given up hope.

I intend to buy a .380 soon. Right now I am leaning towards a Ruger LCP, and if the CPX-3 isn't available it won't be an option.
Hektor

Postby wrench459 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Hektor wrote:
I intend to buy a .380 soon. Right now I am leaning towards a Ruger LCP, and if the CPX-3 isn't available it won't be an option.

My sidearm is only used to give me enough time to get to my primary big bang gun. :kickback:
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby economod » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:26 am

cgray451 wrote:First comment here--Does anyone have a problem with a company which promises a new product for TWO YEARS, kicking the can down the road another few months every few months, deletes questions about that new product on Facebook and Instagram, blocks people on Facebook and Instagram for daring to ask about when the new product is going to be released, and...so on. See where I'm going with this? Please discuss.

TEN YEARS ...
viewtopic.php?p=4369#p4369
viewtopic.php?p=4579#p4579

imband
economod
Veteran Member

Postby economod » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Hektor wrote:... I intend to buy a .380 soon. Right now I am leaning towards a Ruger LCP, and if ...

FYI ... the Ruger LCP II was just released a few days ago ... notice the large diameter frame pins ...
http://ruger.com/products/lcpII/specSheets/3750.html

The first generation CPX used 2 large frame pins.
Now, 2 smaller, no-retention, walking needles.
Kel-Tec PF-9 and P-11 each use 3 large frame pins.

CPX frame pins .. 2 loose, 2 small, 2 few .. C'mon man!

imband
economod
Veteran Member

Postby Renaldow » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:21 pm

cgray451 wrote:First comment here--Does anyone have a problem with a company which promises a new product for TWO YEARS, kicking the can down the road another few months every few months, deletes questions about that new product on Facebook and Instagram, blocks people on Facebook and Instagram for daring to ask about when the new product is going to be released, and...so on. See where I'm going with this? Please discuss.

Honestly, there are a lot better things in the world to get my rage than a company not releasing a product they discussed. It happens. You sound kind of butt hurt, but that's your prerogative. Many companies don't release products that they've advertised or spent millions developing. I don't take it personally. If you're a .380 enthusiast, there are many .380's on the market right now. I'd suggest putting your energy into researching and enjoying a product that actually exists, instead of one that doesn't.
Renaldow

Postby Merc6 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:45 am

wrench459 wrote:
cgray451 wrote: Please discuss.

Ok will a CPX-1 or CPX-2 cycle well with a 380 round?

Per YouTube video, they chamber and fire but won't cycle the slide. On a new gun tho, I'm sure my old guide rod is .380 friendly.

Out of curiosity was the dimensions of the .380 worth it? Is it essentially a CPX-1/2 chambered in .380? If that's the case, why pay more for the rounds than you do on your current 9mms? Will it be less snappy or same boat?

:bdh:
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby CB236 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 am

HootmonSccy wrote:They had one on Guns & Gear in a segment... They did not shoot it, but were comparing it to another .380.
I think they missed the mark anyways with this pistol.. It is virtually the same as the CPX-2 except it shoots .380 instead of 9mm..
If I have to carry the same size gun around, why wouldn't I go with the larger cheaper caliber..
They should have made the CPX-3 a single stack slim model so it would be a true pocket carry gun.. (Just my opinion)

Excellent! They should hire you for Director of Marketing and New Product Development.
I Reload, Therefore, I Am
CB236

Postby CB236 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:32 am

Doesn't matter to me if and when the CPX3 is made available. I've got my trusty Bersa Thunder 380 instead.
I Reload, Therefore, I Am
CB236

Postby Merc6 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:32 am

HootmonSccy wrote:They had one on Guns & Gear in a segment... They did not shoot it, but were comparing it to another .380.

Yeah a smaller gun would be better so long as they don't put that recoil strap on it. That's my only gripe besides the pin walking and the gun not shooting straight.

I don't see a point, at least one of you paid money to reserve it like the folks did with Elio and a faked plant video release.

parkerd wrote:

My opinion, for what it is worth:
I, like many here, try to be supportive of a new company with what appears to be a great concept. I feel the CPX-3 debacle is indicative of the problem with SCCY. Joe Roebuck is a big talker, with big ideas (some of them good) with no concept of leadership, organization, or consistency. The implementation and execution always appear to be lacking.
The first generation CPX was a good concept, but the execution of that concept was only about 75%. Poor machining, poor quality control, poor inspection led to a disastrous first effort. The second generation better, but the company has failed to correct those little quirks and issues. The leadership and organization is certainly missing.
Confusing and ever changing website, a string of conflicting warranty statements, defects (magazines, pins, recoil rods, slides, rough edges) have continued for years. I keep hearing "great customer service" and, except for a sweet voice answering the phone, that concept is very spotty. Sometimes fixed first time, sometimes not. For longest time advice was to send firearm back through postal service. Sometimes you get a report back what was done, sometimes not. Statements on line conflict with owners manual. Sometimes you can get parts, sometimes not. Sometimes they go to an FFL, only because no one took the time to figure out that isn't required. So, not surprised that the CPX-3 wanders around in limbo for years.
I would like to see SCCY succeed, but they need to take a deep breath and get their sh*t together before moving forward.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Still waiting on parts from my join date but not preventing me from firing the gun.
SCCY CPX-2 CB 9MM
*Talon Rubber Black Grip & Mag Extension
*Polished Barrel
*Oversized Frame Pins

SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
*Polished Barrel
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to Introductions