Hello From Apex,NC

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Hello From Apex,NC

Postby augie dog » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Greetings Everyone,
I was searching for a shoulder holster for my CPX-2 and stumbled upon this site! How about that. Anyway I have had my SCCY for about a year now. I'm married with two grown sons. I am not a gun nut like some folks and nothing against you nuts...Lol Seriously,it just isn't my hobby you could say but I'm open to learn as much as possible about my pistol. If any of you are around the Apex,NC area I would like to get together and do some shooting. My real hobbies are camping,bicycles,smoking my many tobacco pipes,craft beer and good scotch. I am a Christian and not afraid to share my beliefs but will not force it on you. But if you ask you are fair game! Lol Any way thanks for this forum and I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Be Blessed and Be A Blessing!
Augie Dog :kickback:
augie dog

Re: Hello From Apex,NC

Postby getvicious » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us.

Where do you shoot around Apex? I'm north of Durham and shoot in my "back yard." 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby TrapperBob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi! I live in Apex!

I usually shoot at the Wake County range, run by the Sheriff's office, Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center, (http://www.wakegov.com/sheriff/services ... fault.aspx) or at Personal Defense and Handgun Training Center, Raleigh (http://www.goshoot.com/)

The Wake County range is pretty much your standard outdoor range, only inside. It has several bays. No heat or AC, no automatic targets, but has range for up to 100 yards. They don't have any restrictions on steel bullets or cases, which is good since I usually use surplus ammo in my 8mm Mauser and that is steel case with steel jacketed lead bullets. They are open to the public T, Th, Fri nights and Saturday and Sunday, otherwise restricted to Law Enforcement use. A personal note, the range officers tend to be a bit grumpy, pretty much all the time. $10/hr after mandatory safety class. They also offer CCW classes cheaper than anywhere else I know.

The Personal Defense range is indoor, heated. AC, with automatic targets, but it's only for handguns (or .22 rifles), maximum range is about 20 yards. They're open every day. $15/hr after completing online safety class. If you can't pass the very, very short online safety class you probably shouldn't be allowed around pointy objects, let alone guns. I have shot there a good amount and they have always be pleasant to deal with.

If you want to shoot ANYTHING you can drag to the range (and legally own) then 37PSR is the range for you, but they are down near Fayetteville. (http://37psr.com/about/)
TrapperBob

Postby getvicious » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:14 pm

augie dog - TrapperBob - Either of you ever use that new range "Triangle Shooting Academy" in Brier Creek? The commercials make it sound great (and expensive). I haven't met anyone who has actually gone there yet.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby augie dog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Hey Guys,
I have not been to any ranges in the area. I am only 5 miles from Wake County but I too have heard it's rough in there during the summer and everyone grumpy! Lol The new range in Briar Creek area is supposed to be really nice according to some friends who have been there but it's too far for me to drive and they said it is kind of pricey. For a nominal fee you can shoot a variety of guns by different makers and a machine gun just for the fun of it.
Anyway lets stay in touch and maybe get together and do some shooting. I need to learn more about my CPX-2.
augie dog

Postby sccytoter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the site OP! :D
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Return to Introductions