New Member From Illinois

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

New Member From Illinois

Postby drb166 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 am

Hi folks,

I've been an over the road driver since 2006, and lived on the road. I didn't live anywhere else (no house, apartment, etc), and since Federal Law prohibits firearms in a truck, I haven't fired a gun of any kind since 2006. I've finally settled down with a local job, actually live in a house, and am anxious to get back to the range. The CPX-2 looks like a good choice as a CCW, so this is where I'll start. I used to trap shoot every week, and my pistols were a Colt Double Eagle .45 ACP, and a Sig chambered in .357 SIG. 9mm is a new round to me, but it seems like a great place to start, based on popularity and cost. I will probably add a .357 SIG at some time, and maybe a 10mm later on. But I do have a fascination with mouse guns too. Glad to be back, and I'm happy that American companies like SCCY are around.
drb166

Re: New Member From Illinois

Postby getvicious » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 am

drb166 - Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us. CCW is why I bought my CPX-1 for size, capacity, cost and features. The DAO trigger is very double action revolver-ish - long and smooth. This seems to surprise some owners. I like the ability to pull the trigger a second or third time (if needed) as I have seen some Remington rounds fire on the 2nd hammer strike. Not many but more than one. The re-strike ability is nice. Never an issue with any other ammo I've used. Let us know how you like your CPX after you get a chance to shoot it some.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby smokeyburb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:23 am

Hi drb166, and welcome to the forum. I believe you will be wonderfully pleased with a CPX-2 as your carry choice. Today's 9mm rounds are far advanced from those available only a few years ago so only the small size of a SCCY makes it comparable to a mouse gun with a bigger punch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
smokeyburb

Postby Mark38090 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:00 am

Welcome from Brooker Florida.
Mark38090
Forum Regular

Return to Introductions