7/8/2017 New Users

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

7/8/2017 New Users

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:46 am

I had to delete EVERYONE who registered today 7/8/2017. IF you were an actual user and got deleted, I apologize.
We were attacked by SPAMMER(S) last night.
There were over a thousand new posts this morning from multiple, multiple NEW users, each with multiple posts.
The only way to reasonably deal with all of the posts was to just delete all of the new users, along with their posts.
I have blocked several email domains from registering on this site to help slow the roll of these ^$*@^&(??>..
These attacks come in waves, so please be patient as the administrators deal with these attacks.

Thank You for your Attention..

Hoot
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: 7/8/2017 New Users

Postby Ricksza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:30 am

Saw some of the posts, Thank you for the great job your doing
Ricksza

Postby Joe4 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for your hard work.
Another problem, I just typed an introduction titled Newbie and saved it as a draft, now I can't find it to post it. What happened?
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few that learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. (Will Rogers)
Joe4

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Joe4 wrote:Thanks for your hard work.
Another problem, I just typed an introduction titled Newbie and saved it as a draft, now I can't find it to post it. What happened?

Joe..
Click "User Control Panel" near the top left
Look down the left margin, you will find.. "Manage Drafts"
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Return to Introductions