Hello From Romeo, Michigan

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Hello From Romeo, Michigan

Postby JohnZ » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:23 pm

New member here, but not new to car and gun forums. Retired automotive engineering executive (21 years with GM, 18 with Chrysler) - retired in 2001 after six years as the Viper Plant Manager. Heavy into Corvettes all my life - NCRS Master Judge and MIchigan Chapter Chairman 2000-2006, 2009 inductee to the Corvette Hall of Fame.

We live in Romeo, Michigan, about 25 miles north of Detroit; we carry, and I continue to look for a .380 where my 66-y/o wife can manage racking the slide without help. She currently has a Beretta 3032 Tomcat (.32ACP) - tilt barrel eliminates the need to rack the slide. I collect handguns - Berettas, Sigs, Walther P.38's, and others.

Have a CPX-3 on order for my wife to try out, have no idea when I'll have it. :)
JohnZ

Re: Hello From Romeo, Michigan

Postby getvicious » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us.

The CPX-3 may not work for too well for your wife. It shares many parts with the 9mm CPX's, apparently including the recoil rod assembly.

But, let us know please. You never know till you try.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Mark38090 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Welcome from Brooker Florida
Mark38090
Seasoned Member

Postby Pony Soldier » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Glad you have joined the group. I may have met you moons ago as I was with an outside contract group JRSI associated with
Chrysler Service Contracts. The Viper was a unique item.
Pony Soldier
Seasoned Member

Return to Introductions