Hello from Ohio

Welcome to the Sccy Firearms Forum. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your shooting, hobbies, interests, whatever comes to mind.

Hello from Ohio

Postby Walnut Red » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Never planned on buying a SCCY but Friday night I stopped at a local farm supply store looking for something else and made the mistake of swinging buy the gun counter. They were running a Christmas sale and I walked out with the 9mm pistol and two boxes of reloadable ammo for <$230. Right now My CCW options are a P3AT, KAHR CW40 or M&P in 45 ACP. I guess I justified the purchase by saying it fills the gap between the 380 and 40 S&W. Either way I function tested the pistol out back and will go to the range this Friday with a variety of ammo for a real test. So far only complaint is how hard the magazines are to load. I hear that gets easier and I've ordered a holster and mag loader online. Afet
r the range test I'll post a range report.
Walnut Red

Re: Hello from Ohio

Postby HootmonSccy » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Welcome from Tampa Bay...
A little Christmas gift for yourself eh?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby scrmnnitehog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Just go out and get yourself a speed loader.....makes it VERY EASY to load mags. Personally I use the Hilljak QL9Y for my CPX2. The first time I tried to load my new mag without the speed loader it took me 15 mins. and I couldn't even get 10 rounds in it! Now it takes me about 1 min. or so to fully load a mag.
scrmnnitehog

Postby getvicious » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:07 am

Walnut Red & scrmnnitehog - Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you both found us.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Mark38090 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Welcome from Brooker Florida.
Mark38090
Seasoned Member

Return to Introductions