SCCY

Forum for the discussion of Sccy MPX-3 .380 ACP micro-compact pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

SCCY

Postby arcus10mm » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:52 am

arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Re: SCCY

Postby getvicious » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:19 pm

Interesting - lots of marketing there and some good info. We'll see when it's actually released. It can`t be much smaller than the CPX-1 / 2 as it still holds 10+1 .380 rounds which are the same diameter as 9mm Luger rounds.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Mrbone » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:33 am

Looks like it will have the same crappy pin placement. Hope they do something about that.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby arcus10mm » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:54 am

looks like a CPX-2 in 9mm short aka 380 acp--"mite" stay together longer???---whats this joes v-lock recoil system????
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:04 am

arcus10mm wrote:looks like a CPX-2 in 9mm short aka 380 acp--"mite" stay together longer???---whats this joes v-lock recoil system????

The article gives all the info anyone seems to have seen.

Marketing, marketing, marketing. This feels a lot like marketing, in this article, as opposed to real technical info.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2015/09/24/sccy-cpx-3-preview/

Roebuck Quad Lock System

Roebuck designed a new system called the Roebuck Quad Lock System. A simplified explanation is the system uses the tension on the rear of the barrel to press the front of the barrel into a V-channel. This eliminates virtually all barrel wiggle that is common on most, non-fixed barrel pistols. The theoretical result is a gun that is more accurate, but still operates for the user like a typical locked breech pistol.

Due to the way the system works, the slide is very easy to manipulate. The prior SCCY pistols use a heavy recoil spring that can be difficult for novice and weak shooters to manipulate. The CPX-3 is completely different. Gone is the heavy pull, and it is replaced by a smooth, light ride on the rails. For this reason alone, the CPX-3 is a significant improvement over prior models.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby getvicious » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 pm

According to Richard Johnson in his article about the SCCY CPX-3 Preview: "SCCY will officially announce a new .380 ACP pistol at the 2015 NASGW Expo & Annual Meeting." That's the National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers and their meeting is just before Halloween (10-27 thru 30-2015) in New Orleans.

Hopefully SCCY will make an announcement very soon after that meeting on their web site and FB page.

This is the most "definite" announcement forecast yet made about the illusive SCCY .380.

Richard Johnson's article is linked off of the main article mentioned by the OP. It's the one I posted the link to just above.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby punisher83 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:02 pm

My wife is in the market for a .380, and I've been looking at the LCP. What I don't like about that pistol is the size and capacity. Hopefully these come out soon. It's bigger, with more capacity. She won't be carrying it, but wants something for home while I'm away, and she doesn't like the larger calibers... I have tried talking her into it. So a .380 at a max of 3 yards inside our home is sufficient enough to do its job.
punisher83
Forum Regular

Postby arcus10mm » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:53 pm

lots of PROVEN RELIABLE platforms out there and if its not a CCW I would shy away from a Tupperware gun---- thats my 2 cents
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Return to Sccy MPX-3