Delays and Secrecy

Forum for the discussion of Sccy MPX-9 9mm micro-compact pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Postby rachilders » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:03 pm

I guess this is our first "official" post/reply from SKYY here at the forum. It's good to see that someone there is looking at the forum. Now, lets see if the company can provide us with product info, answers to our SKYY product questions and give us general updates when they come available.

I don't want to see this forum become a company cheering section or a bunch of yes men, but it shouldn't be a place where all we see is the latest problem or complaint either. What it SHOULD and can become is a place where all aspects of SKYY, the good as well as the bad, can be discussed in a rational and civilized manner. When everything works and we are all happy, that's wonderful. If there's a problem, we should be able to talk among ourselves and with the factory to correct that problem. Hopefully, we will not let our discussions with SKYY become adversarial when we do have a problem or suggestion we feel they should address, and we can all work together to make our guns and shooting experience with them the best they can be.
If wronged grant me justice. If denied justice, grant me revenge.
rachilders
Seasoned Member

The CPX and MPX line of guns

Postby BlastinBob » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:17 pm

I continue to read all the posts on this forum with much interest.  I have many handguns myself.  Too many?  Can a person have too many?  I think not, until the wifey steps in.  LOL.  But then she does have an awful lot of shoes.  LOL
Wanted to start out on a light note.  But I do have one complaint.  I have talked to three gunshops today, major gunshops, two with indoor ranges.  Two of the three have never heard of the Skyy-CPX1.  And in actuality, have never heard of Skyy Industries.  
I live a little south of Raleigh, N.C. .   The gunshops with the indoor ranges are: one in Raleigh,(they can get the cpx1 but don't keep it in stock., and one in Fayetteville, NC, they never heard of Skyy industries and the cpx1.  The one in Fayetteville is the biggest gun shop or Jobbery as they preferred to be called, that I have seen.  If the war breaks out, I am definitely heading there.  They know all about the keltec and kahr handguns, but nothing about a skyy.
Is this company primarily a regional seller where they are now?  Hasn't seen to have made it this way yet.
BlastinBob

Postby ronlog » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Well, they have only been shipping product for a year. Captain Ray lives in Oregon. That's sure not regional.
It takes time. Need more people like you asking around, and hopefully stirring up interest.
Of course Brian can better tell you what has been done to spread the word. I assume they have sent info packets around though.
The second amendment is our first defense.
ronlog
Topic Moderator

Postby Brian Eicher » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:50 pm

rachilders,

I certainly don't want to come on here and try to change peoples feelings about Skyy Industries.  I am here to provide technical information and correct false information for the most part.  I want people to feel like they can talk about anything, good or bad, in regards to Skyy Industries.

BlastinBob,

We have not done any advertising or promoting of Skyy Industries since March/April of 2005.  At that time we sent information to a relatively small amount of dealers, so it is not surprising that some of your local dealers have not heard of us.  I talk to new dealers every day that have never heard of us but want to carry our products.  If you have a preferred dealer that you like to do business with, please have them call us and we can go from there.
Vice President of Skyy Industries
Brian Eicher
Skyy Industries Employee

Postby BlastinBob » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Brian,
Thanks for the input from your end of things.  Jim's Pawn Shop and Gun Jobbery in Fayetteville, NC would be a great place for you to contact about your line.
They are right on the border of Ft. Bragg,.  A lot, and I mean an awful lot of folks from Fayetteville and Ft Bragg shop for firearms there.  They also have other stores in other areas of North Carolina.  You might say for you, one stop shopping.  LOL.
So give them a call.  I am sure they would like to see your guns.  CCW is big in NC.  And Fayetteville has a lot of folks buying and carrying concealed.
Bob
BlastinBob

Postby rachilders » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 am

Brian Eicher wrote:rachilders,

I certainly don't want to come on here and try to change peoples feelings about Skyy Industries.  I am here to provide technical information and correct false information for the most part.  I want people to feel like they can talk about anything, good or bad, in regards to Skyy Industries.

That sounds like a good plan. I hope we see a lot of participation by everyone in the future as SKYY continues to grow and expand it's product line.
If wronged grant me justice. If denied justice, grant me revenge.
rachilders
Seasoned Member

Release of the MPX 9mm

Postby dug60 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:55 am

:roll: Hey members - maybe Skyy & Kel Tec are both hoping the other will release their small 9mm first. Sort of a show
me yours first & then you can see mine.  The waiting is half the fun when a new product is to be put on the market !
Reality is what you believe it to be !
dug60
Forum Regular

Postby Bubbaman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:27 pm

First post.... I am a small FFL dealer in Kentucky and have sold a few Skyy pistols. I like them. They sell pretty easily, especially when being compared to a couple of the other inexpensive brands. However, if Skyy is to succeed, the production and release dates can't be missed. Just because some of the "big" guys have missed production dates, etc., doesn't mean it didn't hurt them. I can honestly say that I can sell every Kel-Tec P-3AT that I can get my hands on. Same goes for the PF-9. Not having the MPX line out is a killer for Skyy, more than for the consumer. I remember looking at the Skyy web site a long time ago and thinking "these guys are going to really hurt Kel-Tec". Brian, when you don't give folks information, they start wondering. Wondering is bad. Everyone would appreciate an explanation. That would get everyone off your back. Funny thought..... there are some folks really happy about the delays - most of them are associated with Kel-Tec. Bless us with a shipping date and not a tentative shipping date. Thanks!
Romans 1:16
Bubbaman

Postby Sasquatch » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:45 pm

Also wondering. I haven't checked here in maybe a month or more, but I guess things haven't changed since June through August time frame.

Just throw us a bone, please?
Sasquatch

Postby Pocket_Pistol » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:48 pm

I agree. A budget priced 9mm that is smaller than the Kel-Tec PF-9 and not much larger than a Kel-Tec P3-AT would/will be a runaway best seller.

Pocket_Pistol
Pocket Pistol

"No longer waiting for the MPX"
Pocket_Pistol
Veteran Member

Postby Bubbaman » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:14 pm

I sent Skyy an email last Wednesday asking them when the MPX pistols are coming. No response yet....... :shock:
Romans 1:16
Bubbaman

Postby sisco50 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 am

Pocket_Pistol wrote:I agree. A budget priced 9mm that is smaller than the Kel-Tec PF-9 and not much larger than a Kel-Tec P3-AT would/will be a runaway best seller.

Pocket_Pistol

Yes indeed.  Thats why I am here.  I want one of each actually.  (when in doubt, get them both)   :?
"Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."

-John F. Kennedy
sisco50

Postby pjm204 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:55 pm

they really need to get on here and give us an update. I personally think they should have tried their best to release it at the shot show next weekend. Anyone know if they will even be present there?
pjm204
Seasoned Member

Postby Pocket_Pistol » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:08 am

I checked the list of vendors at the 2008 Shot Show in Vegas and Skyy was not on the list. Seeing as they did not attend the 2007 Shot Show in Orlando, Florida, 65 miles from their factory in Daytona Beach, Florida, I'm not surprised.
Pocket Pistol

"No longer waiting for the MPX"
Pocket_Pistol
Veteran Member

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Are they still around?

Anybody here?
Sasquatch

PreviousNext

Return to Sccy MPX-9