New knives

and other edged tools.

New knives

Postby mrred » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:57 pm

I've always liked knives and things of the sort but recently I started working on my EDC and so here are my 2 favorite parts of it so far.

CRKT Ripple (walmart version). Razor sharp. Got this for christmas from the wife and I love it. Then shortly after I ordered the CRKT Shrimp. Nice key chain knife, almost as sharp as my ripple. I wish it opened like the ripple, or at least had a thumb stud.

Next on my list is some spyderco.
mrred

Re: New knives

Postby ClintReese » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Nice....I usually get all my knife/sword weapons from cold steel. Very good quality stuff...
ClintReese

Postby getvicious » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 am

mrred wrote:Next on my list is some spyderco.

Back in the day while I was in the military we had to make a trip to the ER at the Base Hospital. The Flight Surgeon we saw had a Spiderco clipped to the left breast pocket of his flight suit. I asked him about the knife so he showed it to me. He said he liked it because he could (and had) cut car seats up to get a person out of a crashed car.

That sounded pretty good to me. I bought one in 1999 and it's been my favorite since then. I have a Pro-Grip with an ATS-55 Seki-City half serrated blade. I use it as a tool and it stands up to lots of abuse.

I think you'll like whatever Spiderco knife you get. 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby rayban » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:12 pm

I've been carrying this beast for about a year now.....don't leave home w/o it..
Kershaw ZT 0550
Attachments
Picture 281.jpg
Picture 280.jpg
rayban

Postby GKC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:02 pm

As of September 1, it is legal in Texas to carry an automatic knife (aka switch blade knife) as long as it is a single edge. (No I don't know why not a double edge...I've long since given up looking for logic in the law.) I bought a switchblade a while back, since you could (at that time) own one and have it in your home as a collectible item, but you couldn't carry it. I think I'll wait a while longer before I start carrying the switchblade (if I ever do) to make sure that word has trickled down to local law enforcement. I might beat the charge, but I don't want to take the ride, either. :lol:
GKC
Seasoned Member

Postby trentu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 pm

I EDC a Gerber 06 or the micarta Gerber Combat Folder. Great blades.
trentu
Forum Regular

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am

I've been carrying a Gerber evo tanto style point 3" blade for 6 years its been good to me. Its a copy of the CRKT M16. It is very beat to hell I lost it in a river once and actually found it as well as lost it on a road while cycling and found it once again. Its on its last legs because dumb me tightened the screw with the wrong tools and its stripped and the blade is loose. I've been looking at getting its CRKT counterpart as a replacement but it is very hard to let go I might justt end up turning the torx screw into a flathead screw.

edit: I found a nice medium sized m16 at a local store it feels a lot more quality than my old gerber evo and it is a might bit bigger although lighter the locking mech is a lot more sturdy as well AUS 4 steel not the best but I don't use my knife for much that is important my friends were trying to get me into a spiderco but I'm just so used to the flipper switch and the liner lock that I didn't want to change.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Anyone have input on Ceramic Folding Knives ?
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:52 am

I had a Ceramic Knife folder It was very light,sharp and sturdy,would like to find someone who sells them because my Sons wanted mine and of course gave them to both of them.Now I need to replace mine ! Any info who sells them is appreciated. TY
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby Melkieyunz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:51 am

I have some of folding knives in stock, but i really like this kind, when i see the photos i surprised f the looks the quality of work is really interesting,, if this knife are available for sale, looking forward fr some information's of this knives.
Melkieyunz

Postby ursamajor » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Want a Beast/strongest folding knife in the world? Nothing stronger than a 4Max.

Costs more than a Sccy tho...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ursamajor

Return to Knives