cpx2 gun/company experience thusfar

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Re: cpx2 gun/company experience thusfar

Postby jax gunslinger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Damn.... you had a problem with a Taurus model 94?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:Damn.... you had a problem with a Taurus model 94?

Just one months after I bought it. A less educated me dry fired it many times and the hammer transfer bar snapped I sent it in got it back and its been fine for 2 years it still gives me lots of enjoyment.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Virginia Lightning wrote:
Man Scout Cookies wrote:
Thanks Virginia I'm having problems but I got a meal in me and I'm feeling less frustrated. I still like the gun very much I don't plan on ever getting rid of it my first 9mm is a pivotal moment in my life. The wait has been terrible for parts and this is coming from someone whos waited months on a taurus 94 to come back to me that is why I didn't wish to ship anything into SCCY I wanted to have fun and be safe with their product as soon as possible.

I will send you an e-mail with the list of people to contact for further help that the factory gave me after they repaired my gun. Try to keep the faith a little longer.

Virginia, Thanks so much you are awesome it really means a lot that you would send me that I'm sure it will help me in the future here.

Best regards
-Man Scout Cookies
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Just to update to this I am still the owner of a sccy cpx2 and I'm still working with it to get it shooting the way I like will put up a review on the guns performance once I feel I've had enough experience with it. Right now it is going well and I can shoot nice tight groups with it however a new failure to extract jam has been showing up but perhaps the ammo is to blame.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby ChrisTX » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 pm

I think some of the argument isn't justified. Call one of the other manufacturers and demand that they send you free magazines or parts. See how far that gets you. Their warranty, their choice how to handle it. I dont like using customer service, but they have done way more than I have ever needed.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:58 pm

ChrisTX wrote:I think some of the argument isn't justified. Call one of the other manufacturers and demand that they send you free magazines or parts. See how far that gets you. Their warranty, their choice how to handle it. I dont like using customer service, but they have done way more than I have ever needed.

I've had great luck with Kel-tec sending out free parts. Mostly little stuff nothing big (no mags or barrels). You can also buy parts from them as well. Most parts are very inexpensive and they ship out quick.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:25 pm

ChrisTX wrote:I think some of the argument isn't justified. Call one of the other manufacturers and demand that they send you free magazines or parts. See how far that gets you. Their warranty, their choice how to handle it. I dont like using customer service, but they have done way more than I have ever needed.

If this is directed at me. (If not pay it no mind)
This isn't an argument it is a review from my firsthand experience. Expected reuslts vs actual results.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby Unown » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31 pm

As I stated one other time, I sent an email with the serial #, got a reply the same day and two days later I had new flat base plates in the mail. I was very impressed. They fit perfectly all I did was take the sharp edges off with some 320 sand paper. 300 rounds of varying ammo without issue except a couple FTE's that I blame on the cheap ammo. Sorry you had problems.
EDC CPX2 CB
DOB: 05/15/2013
We are advised by the present administration to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.
Unown
Seasoned Member

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:16 am

Unfortunately the fte problems became more common as I shot the gun I don't get to shoot often so it takes me a while to really figure out if a gun is running well I shot at my friends property about 200 rounds and got maybe 50 fte. I called up sccy again and they told me it was most likely a bad ejector so they are sending me that part I really spelled out my adress twice this time so heres round two hoping for the best and hoping I can finally get this cpx2 runnning reliably.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:40 pm

I got the part from sccy in a timely manner(1 week)......but its not the right part. I called them again and when I brought up the problem the rep got very defensive the CS rep tried imidiatedly to pin the blame on me for being unclear I told her that I only explained the problem and while explaining the problem I said the extractor was peened that may be causing the problem. I even said that the brass was getting stuck in the chamber. Just a case of the rep didn't know as much about the problem as they thought they did. When I called today the rep was gonna grab a tech to talk to me but they were busy......wait for a tech to stop being busy is my problem that unimportant?. She was trying to get me off the phone as quickly as possible this is what caused the problem the first time.

asked them to send me an extractor not an ejector and also asked for a new slide release because mine broke off of the gun. really wtf. Good news is that sccy can now give out tracking numbers for ground shipping bad news is that sccy sent the parts to me ground shipping. They seem to have a rule that if they haven't fucked up three times they can still use ground shipping to be as cheap as possible.

I'm really frustrated with this company. I like this gun, and excuse my language, but fuck this gun why is every important part on this gun just breaking?

Now I know that my terminology is awful I use ejector in place of extractor all the time but I never asked them for either I told the cs rep the problem, brass stuck in chamber rather than extracted, Just another error from lack of attention to detail from the gun manufacturing to the customer service.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby jax gunslinger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear your still having issues. Perhaps a more experienced rep might have sent you out both parts just to be sure. Especially when you mentioned the brass was still in the chamber. Ground shipping shouldn't have happened on a repeat order. A lot of companies have a written script they follow that high lights certain problems. This helps the CS rep troubleshoot over the phone (kinda like a cheat sheet) and helps them accurately diagnose the problem. I recently had a problem with my AC thermostat. I called the companies CS and they walked me through the basic troubleshooting process. That one call (even though it went to India) saved me an $80 service call. I'm a firm believer in the philosophy "that the customer is always right", you should never blame the customer even if he's wrong. Sccy should send you the right parts and throw in a ball cap or coffee mug for your trouble.
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby ChrisTX » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:57 pm

If you're having so much trouble, why not send the gun back in its entirety? Calling and demanding parts with all these outrageous failures would throw up a lot of flags with me. I don't understand how you can break all those parts so quickly. They track the repairs on these guns, so for them seeing a rather new serial numbered gun being reported as having all these parts breaking, and no gun to inspect, I can imagine they are getting some flags too. I'm not saying you are causing all this, but it would look a bit suspicious.

If you're just guessing at problems you're going to spend a lot of time with this. Have you inspected the brass for unusual damage, markings, dents, etc? Have you taken the extractor out and inspected it? It could be a number of different things causing your issues. You said you didn't ask for an extractor, but they sent you an ejector, which you claim is the wrong part. If it's not flipping the case out, that very well could be a broken ejector.

I would send the whole thing in, let them fix it right, and stop wasting so much time with it. Their turn around time is about 10 days from door to door. I kind of feel bad for the reps at Sccy.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby wknight40 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Had mine in 6 days.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Had mine back in 6 business days, flawless since.
"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 pm

ChrisTX wrote:If you're having so much trouble, why not send the gun back in its entirety? Calling and demanding parts with all these outrageous failures would throw up a lot of flags with me. I don't understand how you can break all those parts so quickly. They track the repairs on these guns, so for them seeing a rather new serial numbered gun being reported as having all these parts breaking, and no gun to inspect, I can imagine they are getting some flags too. I'm not saying you are causing all this, but it would look a bit suspicious.

If you're just guessing at problems you're going to spend a lot of time with this. Have you inspected the brass for unusual damage, markings, dents, etc? Have you taken the extractor out and inspected it? It could be a number of different things causing your issues. You said you didn't ask for an extractor, but they sent you an ejector, which you claim is the wrong part. If it's not flipping the case out, that very well could be a broken ejector.

I would send the whole thing in, let them fix it right, and stop wasting so much time with it. Their turn around time is about 10 days from door to door. I kind of feel bad for the reps at Sccy.

I don't want to send my gun in. I am experienced in fixing things if you read the rest of the thread you will have known that I have had to take the gun apart to replace the firing pin that dis assembly encompasses the extractor. I didn't send my gun in for the first two problems because they were easily serviced with replacement parts and I sure as hell am not gonna send it in now I am very stubborn. These so called flags you mention don't matter sccy has a no questions asked guarantee when I bought their product I bought that guarantee and sccy has had no problems agreeing to send things to me as per their guarentee just problems actually sending me things. You seem to be questioning my credibility I assure you, however your sccy is operating, I have been plagued with problems with mine I would love the shit out of this thing if it worked flawlessly but that is just not the case and this is unfortunate.

In summation, I can see what is wrong with the gun my extractor is peened and the brass is not being extracted from the chamber the ejector has no part in this. All other operation besides extraction has been flawless.
-I replaced the firing pin the gun fires now
-I flipped the mag springs the gun feeds and locks back on the last shot now
-I polished the feed ramp and chamber the rounds feed reliably now

The slide lock even still works but the piece that your thumb can actually actuate has broken off.

If you feel bad for the reps good I'm sure they need a pat on the shoulder because they work for a company that manufactures at a very low standard and then makes them mop up the mess.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Product User Reviews