Finally got it

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Finally got it

Postby 9_guy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:22 am

I finally picked up my CPX-2 last night!!! At the lgs they had both the newer and older versions of the slide and mag release. My wife didn't like the newer style ( I agree it was a bit harder to release slide). So we got the older style.

One of the mags loaded about 8 rounds decently. The other only 6. After taking them apart they were both void of oil. I'm gonna give them a light coat of oil and let them sit a while.

I'll let y'all know how the first trip to range turns out.
CPX-2 ser # 093xxx
9_guy
Forum Regular

Re: Finally got it

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:40 am

congrats...
Let them sit with as many bullets as you can get loaded in them.. This will loosen them up for the complement of 10..
Keep us updated.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby wknight40 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:53 am

Took about 2 weeks for mine to loosen up. I can now put 11 in the mag without a problem. Before anyone says anything about not storing the mag overloaded is bad, I do not. It does make it easier to do the 10 plus 1 carry though. Put the loaded mag, with 11, rack the slide and ready to go. Instead of 10 load, rack, remove, 1 more in the mag, reload. For those that prefer, and why wouldn't you for carry, have one in the pipe ready to go.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby oldmsgt » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 pm

UpLULA
oldmsgt

Postby GoesBang » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:42 pm

oldmsgt wrote:UpLULA

Don't leave home without one.
SCCY CPX-2-CB s/n 085x (Born on 4/25/13) Receiver replaced 3/14 s/n 129x
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Kel-Tec P11/P40
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby GKC » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Some mags seem harder to load to capacity than others, when new. First of all, I use an UpLula, which makes loading a breeze. Second, when I have new magazines, I load them to capacity and let them sit for a week or so. That seems to help. I also leave the slide locked open on a new pistol for the same period of time, after a good initial cleaning. I've never taken a gun (even used) to the range without cleaning it first...that's just my preference.
GKC
Seasoned Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:56 pm

GKC wrote:I also leave the slide locked open on a new pistol for the same period of time,

That's a great idea, I've got a Kel-tec P11 that's hard to rack. I wonder if doing that will make it easier?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby hinterland » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 pm

If you would like to buy guns, riffles or even some ammo. be sure to visit Hinterland!

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/
hinterland

Return to Product User Reviews