Sccy failure

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Re: Sccy failure

Postby gunstech » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Jax, Im not at Liberty to throw my Company's name out, but I will say this, we have engineers and product designers like any other company that handle legitimate problems....that said, maybe the things you mentioned havent happened in the volume to make it a "major" problem. In other words, maybe enough people havent complained about it. I have found that a good percentage of the complaints about our products in the field come from a lack of understanding of the use of said product.

As for the second part....Honestly, SCCY sells a ton of firearms, what is the actual amount of complaints versus actual happy customers.....we dont know because happy customers seldom bitch about anything at all.....99% of these forums are for people to complain about issues with a product, whether it be a firearm or cell phone or whatever....

If comparing Glock to SCCY was not a good comparison for reasons you stated, then we have nothing to compare them to, I cant think of another gum company who has made one gun for 10 years, so in reality, we dont know if their (SCCY) track record is good or bad.
"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 pm

gunstech wrote:As for the second part....Honestly, SCCY sells a ton of firearms, what is the actual amount of complaints versus actual happy customers.....we don't know because happy customers seldom bitch about anything at all.....99% of these forums are for people to complain about issues with a product, whether it be a firearm or cell phone or whatever....

If comparing Glock to SCCY was not a good comparison for reasons you stated, then we have nothing to compare them to, I cant think of another gum company who has made one gun for 10 years, so in reality, we don't know if their (SCCY) track record is good or bad.

I'm not sure I agree with your 99%. I think most members on here like their Sccy products, but the ones that have all the problems seem to get more attention. And by "attention" I mean other folks trying to help them figure out their problems and come up with a solution. I can't think of another gun company that only produces one product. That in it self is kinda odd for the gun industry. Most companies offer multiple models in various calibers. I can think of a couple start up companies that make unusual models.
http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products ... rel-pistol
http://doubletapdefense.com/
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:44 am

You're right Jax, 99% is a high number, I should of said 99% of people who want to vent about a product, do so on a forum, because they feel some animosity towards a company and want to tell everyone how awful they are. It is odd for SCCY to make one firearm for the past 10 years, no doubt.....if you look at the economy for start up companies over the past 10 years, its not very good. IMO, I think SCCY "wants' to put out a good reliable product and stand behind it, at the same time they want to build some capital under their belt so they can produce other products. Just my 2 cents.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby wknight40 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 am

Where is the "webmac", the original poster. Mad 2 comments and sat back and watched everyone argue among themselves.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:04 am

wknight40 wrote:Where is the "webmac", the original poster. Mad 2 comments and sat back and watched everyone argue among themselves.

Its all just healthy conversation, Jax is a smart guy, Ive read a lot of his posts, Im just playing devils advocate on this one. As for the original poster, not sure what his agenda was.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby wknight40 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:10 am

I realize that and have been in a few of those myself. But there are a few of the longer threads that the OP makes one or two comments and either leaves entirely or never comes back. Just comes in to complain and bash and leaves. The discussions afterwards are usually informative for all and do get funny. Some to seem borderline but it is hard to but fun and ribbing into text without offending somebody. No complaints. It is all good.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 am

wknight40 wrote:I realize that and have been in a few of those myself. But there are a few of the longer threads that the OP makes one or two comments and either leaves entirely or never comes back. Just comes in to complain and bash and leaves. The discussions afterwards are usually informative for all and do get funny. Some to seem borderline but it is hard to but fun and ribbing into text without offending somebody. No complaints. It is all good.

I agree. Maybe he was dropped in by Glock to cause hate and discontent. :wink:
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 am

parkerd wrote:To blame the customer is very very bad customer service. If the customer has a problem that they are creating, then good customer service is helping those customers to resolve the issues they may be causing.

I agree with that, but also, like Jason said, he points people in the right direction to get their problems resolved, like he said, he's had phone conversations with people about issues....what other Company can you talk to the gunsmith? From how I read his response, he was simply stating he helped people overcome problems that were being created by the customer...Good Customer Service IMO.
As far as ten years being a long time to perfect something, again, SCCY has produced a lot of firearms over ten years with positive results, and if its true that they havent produced a lot of guns in ten years as you say, then maybe ten years ISNT a long time to perfect something.
My point was, is you have NO OTHER company to compare SCCY to, so how would you know if they are on the right track?
Speaking of Automobiles, If you had a bad experience with a particular make or model (which im sure everybody has), you will bad mouth them for awhile, then move on to something that better suits your needs and forget about it.
SCCY is no different than most companies....they are going to move forward and do it their way and not pay much attention to the nay-sayers.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 am

[quote="gunstech) SCCY is no different than most companies....they are going to move forward and do it their way and not pay much attention to the nay-sayers.[/quote]
I agree with your statement as far as Sccy is concerned. I'm not sure I could say that about most companies, as Sccy Industries is a unique company of its own. But as far as doing it their own way and not paying much attention to the nay-sayers... I totally agree. The problem with that mind set is, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Sccy was "married" to the poorly designed "all in one" recoil rod/spring system for years. It was in my opinion the Achilles heel of the CPX. Constant failures damaged the brand and they lost many customers because of it. They could have easily went with a simpler 3 piece system (like many other gun manufactures have used for years), and been done with it. Instead they spent their time and capital trying to re-invent the wheel. Doubling down on a bad idea has left them with CPX's all over the country with different guide rod systems, that will eventually need to be updated and replaced. This cost customers time and grief, and the company time, money and a poor reputation. That being said they have made a lot of improvements in the last couple years. I believe most of these improvements stem from Sccy getting national attention via gun magazine reviews, and not so much nay-sayers voicing their opinions on this forum. At any rate this proves the "Squeaky wheel does get the oil", and "If no one bitches than nothing gets fixed".
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby ChrisTX » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:12 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:
I'll have to agree to disagree with you on the 10 year thing. I think 10yrs is plenty enough time to get one product right. And that's 10yrs and counting. And Glock is not a fair comparison as they make like 10 different models in multiple calibers, and they're on their 4th generation of them. I cant' think of another comparison where a company only makes one model gun for at least 10 years. If anyone knows of one let me know.

Let's face it, glock makes the same gun, but you can pick small, medium, or large. And aside from some remolded plastic, there is very little difference between the generations. What they haven't fixed, in four generations, is the piss poor slide design. Kimber still hasn't figured out how to make a 1911 from a 100 year old design. Semi automatics are finicky things.
ChrisTX
Veteran Member

Postby qwiksdraw » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:00 pm

And Glock is not a fair comparison as they make like 10 different models in multiple calibers, and they're on their 4th generation of them.

LOL, I thought Glock made one model in three sizes and 10 calibers!!! :)
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Postby GoesBang » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:23 pm

And that's why I don't own a Glock. However a Sig is a completely different story.
SCCY CPX-2-CB s/n 085x (Born on 4/25/13) Receiver replaced 3/14 s/n 129x
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Kel-Tec P11/P40
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Product User Reviews