New SCCY CPX-2 Stainless Problems

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Re: New SCCY CPX-2 Stainless Problems

Postby RK3369 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 pm

mine seems not to like Remington ammo, but is just fine with Blazer Brass, Federal and Winchester White box. They all perform flawlessly. With the Remingtons, I can count on having several light strikes per box, maybe two or three that will go off on the second (or third occasionally) pull. I just stay away from the Remington in this gun but the rest of them are fine.
RK3369

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 pm

RK3369 wrote:mine seems not to like Remington ammo, but is just fine with Blazer Brass, Federal and Winchester White box. They all perform flawlessly. With the Remingtons, I can count on having several light strikes per box, maybe two or three that will go off on the second (or third occasionally) pull. I just stay away from the Remington in this gun but the rest of them are fine.

Remington eh? I better pick up some I've always wanted to try that double strike capability out haha.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby GKC » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:04 pm

wknight40 wrote:Entry point gun I think is key. If they could do better quality control they probably would then have to charge more for it.

There are companies who DO charge more, and have lousy QC. I spent over $1K each on three Kimber 1911s, and all three had repeated failures...and the responses I got from Kimber? Shoot 500 rounds and call us back. I sold them (with full disclosure) and I will never buy another. I refuse to own products from a company that won't stand behind them.

Any company can put out a lemon...and yes, it's disappointing when you get the lemon and others don't...but what is important is how the company responds. In my limited experience so far, SCCY has been VERY responsive (including two e-mails answered directly by the CEO!) I'm sure they don't want to send out problematic guns, and with all the demand on a small company, they are experiencing growing pains. From everything I've seen, they do care...and that being the case, they will make problems right.
GKC
Seasoned Member

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:41 am

Nothing but compliments here about SCCY,when there was an issue it was addressed immediatley by members or SCCY service.The CPX 2,we have two are guns that were thought out.Better fit finish,two extra mags and lifetime warramty for whoever owns it !.Improvements are always being made no matter who the MFG is,I put another 100 rounds of Federal 115 FMJ thru the gun,with the newer replacement mags,100% flawless !Does anyone have a knowledge of any other mags that would fit the SCCY ? Cant wait for SCCYs new designs and models.Proud SCCY owner !
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby 45Man » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 am

Am posting to update this thread with the latest info.
My CPX-2 was born on 3-14-14.
Manual says: "...press down on the slide hold open lever. This will allow the slide to return to its forward, locked position while feeding a cartridge into the chamber..."

Slide hold open lever is large as shown here.

BTW, not a good idea to release this lever & let it slam home against an empty chamber.
SCCY CPX-2 TT, S/N 131xxx (Born: 3/14/14)
45Man
Forum Regular

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Regarding the use of reloads, I know of no manufacturer out their that recommend using reloads, in fact many state the use of reloads will void the warranty.

With that said many of us who reload ignore this recommendation and go ahead use reloads, myself included.

Currently using 115 gr. round nose Berry plated bullets, leading is not an issue, in front of 3.8 grains of Vecton Ao powder. This is a mild load, but functions the action well even with the 20 lb. spring I installed.

Yet to experience a feeding issue, failure to fire issue, or failure to eject issue, runs perfect every time.

Cost of my reloads $ .09 cents per round. Box of 50 $4.50. Time involved, not an issue, I'm retired.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 pm

45Man wrote:BTW, not a good idea to release this lever & let it slam home against an empty chamber.

That's holds true with most every semi auto.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Product User Reviews