Werkz Holsters

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Werkz Holsters

Postby souper » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:59 pm

[url][/url]
077.JPG
075.JPG
070.JPG
072.JPG
I have found a great holster for my SCCY. This is a custom holster for built by Werkz. It is comfortable and useable. I was looking for a holster that would let the gun rise to a certain location on my body. This does just that, it rests on side just a bit high and wearing a long shirt or sweater can hide it well. My wife did not know that I was carrying.
Some pros. This holster is tough. I have beat it up and it still holds the gun great. I wore it on a hiking trip that ended with a 2 mile bike ride. The holster held up great and retention was great. I placed the holster and my SCCY in the car and it rode just great. This holster can make a great car holster. Experimenting with stuff. This holster is the good spacing to attach to a Molly vest. I wore my gun in this holster on the side of my MOLLE vest.
Some cons. This is a Kydex holster. Kydex is stiff unlike leather. But that's what I wanted. This holster was not the most comfortable to be worn as an IWB. Different story. I also did not like having to weave this holster through my belt. But that holds the holster in place.
This holster Is what I wanted. It came quick and was ready out of the box. Check out Werkz.com.http://WWW.werkz.com
souper

Re: Werkz Holsters

Postby p225 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 pm

How are you going to grab your sccy when the grip is not accessible with it so far down between the seat and console?
Molle vest? Do you carry it on duty?
Don't tread on me
p225
Seasoned Member

Postby souper » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:44 pm

It sticks up about 4 inches it's about perfect. I added a belt to it for long rides. USAF. Retired. Got my vest in the sandbox
souper

Postby p225 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Understood! Enjoy your retirement!
Don't tread on me
p225
Seasoned Member

Postby souper » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:00 pm

UPDATE. Got about 1k rnds for my gun exercise when the ranges opens up. I cant wait.
souper

Return to Product User Reviews