SCCY Review

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

SCCY Review

Postby tmugz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 am

Since this is a product review section , I wanted to just give you my view on SCCY.

I purchased my SCCY CPX-1 a little less than a month ago, and at the price I was really hesitant but excited at the same time . Although my gf didn't think me spending $300 on a fire arm was smart ( I'm a glock/XD kinda guy ) I wanted to give the little pistol a shot so I took the ball and ran with it so to speak. Brought it to the range, noticed a slight issue with feeding , called SCCY on my way home from the range ( had to stop to get some tech help ) and was walked through the issues I was having at that point I was very pleased with the customer service . But still after being told how to properly engage the fire arm I was still having issues so I called back, and spoke with a tech again and we decided I should send it in . Went ahead filled things out and sent them back to a girl I spoke with over the phone, and she let me know she would keep me in the loop with all the repairs and information. About a week went by and today I got my firearm returned to me , and honestly I'm really happy. It's not a Glock , but it's not supposed to be one , it's a CPX and personally for me being someone that at times I can be guilty of purchasing something based on it's name . With that being said I'm glad I took the plunge , I got a well made fire arm, one that I can depend on and a company that I'm willing to stand behind because they stand behind their product. It may not be a Glock, or a Springfield fire arm, but I don't know of many company's in today's world that you can call at any moment and most certainly get top notch customer service !

SCCY gets an A+++ in my book.

Tmugz
tmugz

Re: SCCY Review

Postby machomelvin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:45 pm

You forgot to tell us what was wrong with your NEW in BOX gun?
In GOD We Trust
machomelvin

Postby p225 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Why would he post a negative comment if he is satisfied with his sccy?
I am also a satisfied sccy customer tmugs. We as handgun owners like to compare the sccy with other handguns we own. You are right, the sccy is not a glock, sig or a HK.

My sccy was a impulse buy. I am happy with it. No malfunctions of any kind with 500rds so far through it. That is better than a sig p239sas gen2 I bought 4 years ago that was sent back to sig twice for a broken extractor. It wasn't a cheap handgun either.

Have fun with your sccy!
Don't tread on me
p225
Seasoned Member

Postby Lhshtr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:07 pm

I haven't even shot this gun, it's going to be my carry gun. I got a gun show Sunday so I'll have to wait till the following Sunday to shoot. Anyway, I have made up my mind to buy a second one too. My reasoning is, in case I need to repair one I will still be able to practice with my other one. Now as far as the critics say is this gun needs this and that and this is a problem they should think how gun owners are. We make our handguns personal to fit our care and handle ability. I have a sig which is a piece of junk and I really don't care for it. Most all my firearms are USA built, i.e. Ruger, Colt, etc. I also will use it for parts if for some reason the SHTF.
Lhshtr

Postby GoesBang » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Lhshtr wrote:I haven't even shot this gun, it's going to be my carry gun. I got a gun show Sunday so I'll have to wait till the following Sunday to shoot. Anyway, I have made up my mind to buy a second one too. My reasoning is, in case I need to repair one I will still be able to practice with my other one. Now as far as the critics say is this gun needs this and that and this is a problem they should think how gun owners are. We make our handguns personal to fit our care and handle ability. I have a sig which is a piece of junk and I really don't care for it. Most all my firearms are USA built, i.e. Ruger, Colt, etc. I also will use it for parts if for some reason the SHTF.

SCCY will send you all the spare parts you need for the asking. However, if you want a 2nd CPX, then by all means go for it!
SCCY CPX-2-CB s/n 085x (Born on 4/25/13) Receiver replaced 3/14 s/n 129x
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Kel-Tec P11/P40
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:43 am

parkerd wrote:"gun owners" do not decide it is going to be their carry gun before they have even put a single bullet through it.

Evidently, some do..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Return to Product User Reviews