Holster Reviews **ONLY**

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Re: Holster Reviews **ONLY**

Postby LareP » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:38 am

I have used just about all the holsters reviewed here and found them to be as claimed, especially Alien Gear (loved it), and you may eventually "collect" as well the longer you carry. Seems we can never get "just the right fit" in a holster and most often "just the right gun" to put in it.

My latest is a Remora. There's a video and detailed review on it @:
[url]
http://sccycpx.premierbyjudy.net/the-ho ... recommend/[/url]

My gun is my mistress
LareP
Forum Regular

Postby Todd_Clark » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:23 pm

TechDiver wrote:http://armalaser.com/

I bought both of these DeSantis' when I got the laser because it was the only place I saw holsters specifically for the laser equipped CPX-2. I'm glad I did because I LOVE these things !! Very comfie and of high quality leather. Kind of expensive, $53 each, but who's worth it more than me ? I use the IWB model 95% of the time.

IWB

OWB

do you know of any other holsters that will work with the ArmaLaser on the CPX?
Todd_Clark

Postby dlb » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Todd - can you show us the reverse side of those 2?
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby Todd_Clark » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 pm

dlb wrote:Todd - can you show us the reverse side of those 2?

those pics are posted by the person i quoted asking if they knew of any other holsters made for this gun with that laser, not me.

But i'm with you, would like to see the other side of those holsters as well (ie: how they attach)
Todd_Clark

Postby amranch » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Just bought my first cpx2. Checked SCCY for holster recommendations, and my favorite was listed. Bianchi 100T in size 10A. When it arrived I wasn't perfectly satisfied with the fit. The pistol had a little front to back movement, BUT when I cranked my belt down it was fine, and I could still breath. Then I made the decision to put on a laser. (eyeballs aren't what they used to be) Purchased Laserlyte UTA-FR. THEN I took out the old pocket Knife and commenced to whittlin. The double row of stitching that is between the clip and body was nipped at about a half inch in from the bottom and top of the stitches (middle is cut). Then a little was trimmed from the top lip at the trigger guard for my middle finger to get to the grip. Put a little water to soak at the cut stitches then pushed the pistol in as far as it would go. Repeated this a few times. Perfect fit now. Will be pulling out the old sewing awl and restitching at ends were factory stitching was cut . The Bianchi's that I have are very comfortable and are IWB. I have to drive a lot and to visit family is a 13 hr drive . No problem at 4 to 5 position. If I am at home I carry. Only time I don't have it is at work. Then its locked in the car.
amranch

Postby Gaxtreme » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:02 pm

This holster has been reviewed before, just my .02... I purchased a Fobus TA-M (Taurus Millenium) holster Friday. It fit perfectly. Great retention, no play, and no interference with trigger or mag release. I'm 6', 213#, I carry at 3:30-4:00 position, and I mostly OC. It is comfortable while driving, working, or day to day activities. The only thing I would have rather had with this holster, is the Roto adjustment (they didn't have the TA-M Roto in stock) It has a slight cant and is easy enough to draw, but I am use to a 15deg cant. It is yet to be seen how long it will hold up, but so far, so good.
Gaxtreme

Postby Gaxtreme » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Oh.. important part left out.. The TA-M was bought to carry my CPX-2
Gaxtreme

Postby draksig » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:36 am

Gaxtreme wrote:This holster has been reviewed before, just my .02... I purchased a Fobus TA-M (Taurus Millenium) holster Friday. It fit perfectly. Great retention, no play, and no interference with trigger or mag release. I'm 6', 213#, I carry at 3:30-4:00 position, and I mostly OC. It is comfortable while driving, working, or day to day activities. The only thing I would have rather had with this holster, is the Roto adjustment (they didn't have the TA-M Roto in stock) It has a slight cant and is easy enough to draw, but I am use to a 15deg cant. It is yet to be seen how long it will hold up, but so far, so good.

I also ordered a Fobus TA-M holster and it arrived Yesterday. My SCCY CPX-1 fits perfectly. Great retention, the paddle holds it securely and it holds the gun tight to my body so no problem with hanging too far out. An un-tucked shirt will conceal well.

draksig

Postby Jason Keeler » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:12 am

New user here,

I wore an Alien Gear holster for a few years, it was my first CC holster.

A buddy of mine turned me on to this though: http://discretedefensesolutions.com/sho ... p-holster/ (Sorry, not much of a computer guy, don't know how to make this activate if you click on it). Company is Discrete Defense, located in Kansas. This material is some cross between leather and plastic, but is light and comfortable. Felt it was expensive, but I wear everyday so might as well be comfortable.

- J
Jason Keeler

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:58 am

Jason Keeler wrote:New user here,

I wore an Alien Gear holster for a few years, it was my first CC holster.

A buddy of mine turned me on to this though: http://discretedefensesolutions.com/sho ... p-holster/ (Sorry, not much of a computer guy, don't know how to make this activate if you click on it). Company is Discrete Defense, located in Kansas. This material is some cross between leather and plastic, but is light and comfortable. Felt it was expensive, but I wear everyday so might as well be comfortable.

- J

Appears to just be foam rubber against the body.. You haven't had any wear issue with this material, seems like there would be over time.
The hinges are interesting.. They have two types, standard spring steel ones and Aluminum hinged type.. I see how the Aluminum would make shirt tucking a breeze, but the hinges seem sort of bulky and would seem to wear on the pants over time.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Lilfoxx for cpx-1

Postby Cashley1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:28 pm

I have a new Foxx holsters "lilfoxx" for my cpx-1 I have been carrying in this rig for about 2 months now everytime I go out my door.I really love it.it is extrememly comfortable and the retnention is excellent paid $50
IMG_20151114_155957.jpg
Chase from ALABAMA
Cashley1

Postby WoodLark » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 am

If you are looking for an inexpensive,comfortable IWB holster for your CPX-2, check out the A.R.C. holster by Blackhawk. It is a polymer (not kydex) with a clip that can be adjusted for height and cant as well as being movable to allow use left or right handed. They are available for about $20 at various places on the web (I got mine at Amazon). Mine is for the G19 so it is a little long, but that actually helps to hold the grip in.
Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
WoodLark

Postby Mark38090 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:36 pm

I've been using a belly band type or pocket carry. I couldn't find any iwb that was comfortable. I bought an Outbags Calamity PR-1 hybrid from Amazon.com for $35. It fits well and seems to have good retention, it has a tall that comes up to keep the slide of the body so it doesn't dig in. It's adjustable for ride height and cant. Good holster for a good price.

20170410_232830-1024x768.jpg

20170410_232844-1024x768.jpg
Mark38090
Forum Regular

Postby jimbojr85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:57 am

https://onyour6designs.com/product/sccy-holster/

I'm pleased with mine... Good price and quality, fast shipping and service, lots of options available.
jimbojr85
Forum Regular

Postby massey1155 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:22 pm

new member. love both the SCCY and the Alien Gear holster outside the waistband holster I have for it. since I am a poor plow boy who lives in B.C. times I do not know how to provide links or pics. now for a question does anyone know of a good pocket holster that breaks up the outline and holds the SCCY positioned properly? Thanks!
massey1155

Previous

Return to Product User Reviews