New Concealment option for the SCCY!

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

New Concealment option for the SCCY!

Postby MaxRV » Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm

I know a lot of people are constantly looking for new accessories and holsters for the SCCY and I am no different. Although I've found a fair amount of standard hip holsters, I haven't found many concealment options, especially for wearing shorts or lightweight clothing that often prints. Typically I used to do the Miami Vice T-Shirt/Hawaiian shirt combo, but that is as bad as printing. Recently, I found a great little concealment option called a ROO POUCH. The ROO POUCH is a very thin concealment pouch that has a firearm compartment, a separate compartment for credentials, cell phones, etc, and also has a pouch for a spare magazine. My favorite aspect is that it is a small hip-worn or under the shoulder system that looks more like a diabetic kit or tourist credentials pouch. It is comfortable to wear while driving --unlike the typical in-the-pants holsters-- and is very low profile (not tacticool in appearance)....heck it has a Kangaroo in the Logo (Not cross hairs or target symbols). Check it out at http://WWW.ROOPOUCHUSA.com
MaxRV

Re: New Concealment option for the SCCY!

Postby getvicious » Wed May 28, 2014 2:12 pm

MaxRV - Howdy and welcome from NC.

Please don't take this wrong but you wouldn't be a company rep would you? Your review sounds like a marketing info-byte that might appear on a company website.

If you are a company rep, please don't do any more marketing here. A real review is always welcome, however. What model SCCY do you carry in your Roo, CPX-1 or CPX-2? How long have you had your CPX? Does it shoot well for you?

This reminds me of a fanny pack. They've been gone long enough that they may just make a come-back now. :wink:
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby MaxRV » Thu May 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Getvicious, No I am not a company rep, but an actual user of the pouch. I have a 2nd Gen CPX-2 in the Two Tone Black and Silver. Although, I must admit that the long trigger pull took me a bit of practice to get used to, however, I now love the way it shoots. I am also quite impressed with the durability and SCCY Warranty. For the price, I don't think there is weapon at this price point that is even in the same Zip Code.

As far as the Roo Pouch, I ran across it when I got tired of in the pants holsters and the untucked shirt cover-up as I discussed. I am a retired law enforcement officer and currently work for a U.S. Gov. Agency. As a retired LE and someone who carries concealed most everywhere I go, I have carried many different pouches and bags over the years, and I probably have at least two of every type of holster/pouch made. The difference with this one is it is much more compact and lighter than the ones manufactured for my service weapon, and it just doesn't have that tactical look. Too many things today have to be tacticool for the gamer crowd, which is not always the best option for personal (discreet) security. The bottom line is that I am posting this as a satisfied user of the product.
MaxRV

Postby getvicious » Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm

If you can, please post some pictures of yours. It looks like it fastens around the waist like a belt but can't really tell on the web site. If it looks like a messenger pouch or small shoulder bag it's a plus in my book. I agree with the tactical look not being the best for CCW as it kind of screams "I've got a weapon here."

Good to hear you have a positive experience with your CPX-2. If you read many of the threads here you'll see that's not always the case for everyone.

Sorry about the company rep question. You do write really good marketing material. You might think of selling that talent to web site content folks (like SCCY). There are lots of web sites that can use some good marketing language.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby MaxRV » Thu May 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Getvicious,

Thanks for the compliment. Maybe SCCY monitors this site and they will offer me a job. Anyway i typically wear it using a standard 2" tactical belt, but i found that the strap that comes with it is convenient if I wear it over the shoulder when I am on my mountain bike. It is kind of like wearing a shoulder rig. As for pictures, I tried to take a couple of the back of the pouch with my cell phone. Take a look at them and see if it gives you a better idea. Personally, I find the belt mount more comfortable and secure. Max
Attachments
20140529_191436_resized.jpg
20140529_191355_resized.jpg
MaxRV

Postby uberwootage » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:10 pm

I'll stick with my Galco sto and go. That zipper i would not trust for a carry gun since there is the risk of it jamming and causing problems.
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby mark7mod0 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:33 pm

uberwootage wrote:I'll stick with my Galco sto and go. That zipper i would not trust for a carry gun since there is the risk of it jamming and causing problems.

With you all the way on that statement. Will stay with mini tuck, thank you
mark7mod0
Seasoned Member

Postby wrearick » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Neat that he uses a SCCY CPX in the video!
wrearick
Veteran Member

Postby punisher83 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:28 am

Saw a video where a guy used a husky tool pouch for this type of carry. Instead of a belt, it had a clip. I thought that was kinda cool and outside the box. Not as many compartments as the roo pouch, but it ran about $5.
punisher83
Forum Regular

Postby jeff7181 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:41 am

Not sure I'd ever use it slung over my shoulder after seeing the gun nearly fall to the ground after he unzipped it. :shock:
jeff7181
Seasoned Member

Return to Product User Reviews