My first SCCY

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Re: My first SCCY

Postby PattonWasRight » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:12 pm

I experienced the same issue / multiple occurrence as you. You can check out my thread. Wound up with a second gun.

The factory needs to slow down / check more / do something different.

I almost threw in the towel. Fortunately the second gun has been solid.
Just Your Average Jewish Redneck.
PattonWasRight
Seasoned Member

Postby PattonWasRight » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 pm

HAMBONE wrote:They are so wishy washy there. They refused to send me a new slide told me it had to go in to them for "fitment"
This is B.S. They don't know what the issue is and are blowing a smoke screen so they can get the entire unit and try and figure out what the mystery problem is.

You are not their R & D department.

They can send you a new gun. If not, send them your current gun and demand a refund.
Just Your Average Jewish Redneck.
PattonWasRight
Seasoned Member

Postby HAMBONE » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:12 pm

I've had tons of problems. But every time I tell about them I'm a whiner, or a complainer or something like that. But since you asked, my first gun had loose frame pins. The pins would work out of the frame after every 150 rds or so. Which means evwrytime I shoot it because I never shoot less than that at a time. They sent me new pins. Wouldn't fit. Sent it in. Got it back pins still moved. Then the ejector snapped off. Sent it in they sent me a brand new gun. Opened the box it had a broken extractor right away. Then after 380 rounds the frame cracked. They sent me a new one. Also the pins still move on the new gun. Then, I noticed the recoil rod was bent. They sent a new one. It was bent when I got it. Called em up they sent me another rod, which was ALSO BENT. Third time I got a straight one, and I have never fired the damn thing again since I'm afraid to break it, and it's my only handgun for now for ccw.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby uberwootage » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I had some FTE's and when my firing pin broke they sent me out a new extractor spring with it and that fixed the fte's. It was a bit longer then the stock.
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby moetactical » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Well Hambone, sounds like you have had your share of problems with your SCCY.Hope you get it fixed soon. Ya the more I post the more I find out all the people on hear that are having problems with there guns .Uberwootage that was my problem, FTE.Well I did get the new slide in the mail today. So I'll try to get out this weekend and see what happens. Thanks again for all the help,and info guys.Well let you know how it goes.
moetactical

Postby moetactical » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Well hit the range today. Ran a box of brass 115 grain lawman ammo throught it.No problems. So I ran 50 rounds of federal target and range ammo throught it. At round 80 I had 1 FTE. At round 87 had 1 stove pipe. In all fairness by round 70 the gun was getting sticky and very dirty. So all in all I think thats pretty good. Time will tell. will keep you all up to date as I shoot it more later.
moetactical

Postby sccytoter » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:37 pm

moetactical wrote:Well hit the range today. Ran a box of brass 115 grain lawman ammo throught it.No problems. So I ran 50 rounds of federal target and range ammo throught it. At round 80 I had 1 FTE. At round 87 had 1 stove pipe. In all fairness by round 70 the gun was getting sticky and very dirty. So all in all I think thats pretty good. Time will tell. will keep you all up to date as I shoot it more later.
Cool. Glad they got you squared away. I must have gotten lucky...mine has ran great with over 250 rounds through it. I carry it quite a bit.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby Pop's » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:15 am

I was having trouble with my CPX-2 not extracting all the empty casings , called customer service and they said they could send me the a new extractor or they would send me a label and I could ship it to them and they would make sure that it got all the current upgrades, They received it on a Monday and it was back in my hands that same week, They installed a New Style trigger bar, New Style recoil rod, New Extractor and adjusted both magazines, I've put over 700 rds thru it since it was repaired with no trouble at all. Gun shoots awesome. :D

Thanks to Danice Allen and all of customer service and the awesome folks in the service dept.

Rick ( AKA Pop's )
"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
Pop's

Postby getvicious » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:24 am

Pop's wrote:I was having trouble with my CPX-2 not extracting all the empty casings , called customer service and they said they could send me the a new extractor or they would send me a label and I could ship it to them and they would make sure that it got all the current upgrades, They received it on a Monday and it was back in my hands that same week, They installed a New Style trigger bar, New Style recoil rod, New Extractor and adjusted both magazines, I've put over 700 rds thru it since it was repaired with no trouble at all. Gun shoots awesome. :D

Thanks to Danice Allen and all of customer service and the awesome folks in the service dept.

Rick ( AKA Pop's )

It's nice to hear about stories like this with positive outcomes. I've always received that level of service from SCCY too. Thanks for the update. 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby jcwit » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:07 am

I'm the lucky one I guess.

I have 2 SCCY's, one is the CPX2 all black which has approx. 300 rounds thru it now with no issues whatsoever. The other one is the CPX1 with the two tone finish. It now has over 1,000 rounds thru it with no issues. It has been modified with a different recoil spring and rod. The rod was made by myself, I also modified the ridge for the safety and the left hand safety lever itself. Other than maybe 20 rounds when I first purchased it all have been cast/plated reloads, usually in the 95 to 100 grain weight, makes things easier for old hands & arms. :D

Sorry for all those that have all the problems, wonder why. :cry:

Most all of the you tube vids are very positive.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:04 pm

OP thanks for posting and welcome from sunny Floriduuhh! I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues. It seems like with a Sccy you either get a keeper or a total POS. Hopefully in your case the third time will be the charm.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby moetactical » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Hey pops, glab to hear it's worked out for ya. I haven't shot mine anymore,but I'm carring it every day:. Want to get back to the range and run another 50 rounds through it just make sure all is still well.Anyway glad to hear it worked out.
Moe. :kickback:
moetactical

Postby nosccyforme » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:16 pm

nosccyforme

Postby jax gunslinger » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 am

nosccyforme wrote:Maybe operator trouble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM1BDMjge4#t=452

Welcome to the forum from sunny Floriduuh!... This is a great video and should be required viewing for all new small semi-auto owners. I had very similar results with my first PF9. You really do need to hold it super firm when you shoot it. And it does take some practice to become accurate with it. Oddly never had an issue with the P11. It's basically the same gun, but with a thicker grip to hold the double stack mag. Love the username by the way.......LMAO!
:lol:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby nosccyforme » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 pm

I just got a JCP .40 Hi-Point. My first trip to the range, I kept getting FTE's. Thought I got a bad gun. I posted my complaint on a Hi-Point forum, and they just started slamming me for limp-wristing! I had never heard of it. I haven't been back to the range yet, but I'm sure that's what I was doing. I would go through a mag of 10, no problem. I only had one mag, so I would reload and have 2 or 3 FTE's, then the next load, nothing. I expect I'll do better next time. BTW, I'm in this hot box they call Florida too! Palm Harbor. Can't wait for fall.
nosccyforme

PreviousNext

Return to Product User Reviews