Review on the Sccy Support.

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Review on the Sccy Support.

Postby uberwootage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 pm

So after picking up some 9mm dies "I reload .338 lm, 9X25 dillon and a few other odd balls that are hard to find. I been reloading 9mm like its going out of style "Dillon S 1050" Just shy of the 9k round count i had a firing pin break. So i pulled it out and it had the text book break. No other issues with the pin. But it was dry fired quite a bit with a snap cap that had a pretty soft pad for a primer. it broke after over 1,000 rounds after the snap cap was used.

Taking it apart for the first clean since i started beating on it. I seen the trigger bar was showing some wear. Pretty sure it was caused by grease and dirt "The reloads were pretty dirty i was using cheap primers and power" Measured it it did have some wear. Still fully functional. Only issue was with the firing pin its self.

All that said with the amount of dry firing with that snap cap that had the really soft primer im guessing that put a ton of wear on the pin. Nore it use it on my sig and my sig is still going strong after 10 years but also remember the sig is made for a war and the cpx-2 is not. Also the sig is almost $1,000 more so i think that with no dry firing as a low count 10,000 rounds before a replacement part on a carry pistol is pretty good. I was just over 8k.

So i email Sccy on the 4th. Tell them it broke and requested a new trigger bar so when that one goes out i have a replacement on hand. The 7th i get a Email back saying they are sending me out a new pin and then i get a email from Jason asking if i would like a trigger bar he would send one out. By 5pm EST the same day the issue was solved the parts are on the way. Great service i was not expecting a response so quick or to have parts sent out that day. I told them i preferred to do my own work on my firearms and they did not try and talk me out. They did not give me the run around, i did not have to wait. By far the absolute best service in the industry and the fastest.

Sum it up. High marks all around for sccy on there service.
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Re: Review on the Sccy Support.

Postby getvicious » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks for the synopsis. Please let us know how the part replacement goes and how the pistol shoots afterwards.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 am

I probably would have asked for a recoil rod as well.. It is a wear item and it sounds like it probably has some wear, just by the number of rounds stated.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby HAMBONE » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:46 am

nice story. It's quite obvious that you fabricated it to try to make this gun look better. You
think we're stupid here but we're not we know who this is. :roll:
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:20 am

HAMBONE wrote:nice story. It's quite obvious that you fabricated it to try to make this gun look better. You

So, who is it?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby madmax » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:41 am

HAMBONE wrote:nice story. It's quite obvious that you fabricated it to try to make this gun look better. You

HAMBONE why is it that you have to knock on everyone that post on this board? You have no knowledge of the OP and you are assuming you know things that may or may not be true. Give folks a break if you don't like what they write don't comment it only makes you look like a know it all. Have a great day.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby HAMBONE » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 am

It's jcwit. He disappeared at the same time uberwootage joined. They both talk the same way, both reload, and then when people call uber out, he goes away and jcwit comes back and says oh you ran off another member. Lmao gimmie a break
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby HAMBONE » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 am

madmax wrote:

HAMBONE why is it that you have to knock on everyone that post on this board? You have no knowledge of the OP and you are assuming you know things that may or may not be true. Give folks a break if you don't like what they write don't comment it only makes you look like a know it all. Have a great day.

Calling b.s. isn't knocking anyone. Never called him a name or said anything bad about him.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby uberwootage » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:56 pm

He's just some 13 year old who thinks his Glock airsoft gun is god. No one cares what you think and the simple fact you try so hard is pretty sad.

Update got the new firing pin today installed and running pretty good. Also i will try federal champion again. Before i got a ton of FTE's and they also put in a new longer extractor spring that should fix that problem. However it was only with that ammo every other brand was fine. Also they gave me a ton of spare roll pins. There pretty cheap but its nice to get a bunch of spares.

Overall i'm pretty happy with the support. Emailed them and told them what i needed and they sent them out. They also sent out in a separate package from Acworth GA. a catalog and sticker.

However i will say if someone does not work on firearms you may want to send it in for the repair. Getting the roll pin in with the newer longer spring was kind of a pain.

But i will test out that new extractor spring i still have about 70 rounds of the Federal champion that was fte pretty much every other round and see if that fixed it.
Attachments
IMG_20140711_201250.jpg
IMG_20140711_200444.jpg
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby uberwootage » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:00 pm

HootmonSccy wrote:I probably would have asked for a recoil rod as well.. It is a wear item and it sounds like it probably has some wear, just by the number of rounds stated.

I'll run it till it breaks. Its still holding up pretty well i have not had any issues with it but im keeping an eye on the front of it since i seen some bust there.

New update. New extractor sping that was slightly longer seemed to fix the FTE's. Shot the rest of the Fed. ammo i was having a ton of FTE's with and never had any issues. Date for my CPX-2 is 4-14-14 so if you have issues with FTE's and are older or close to this date it could be the spring.
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby uberwootage » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Trigger bar came. Along with to my surprise another firing pin, roll pin, plunger, firing pin spring and extractor spring.

Great service. Shot another 200 rounds and no problems at all. And i have recommended a CPX to 2 people now who cant afford Sig's "Sig is always and will always be my go to brand if the budget allows."
Attachments
IMG_20140715_203651.jpg
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 am

uberwootage wrote:Trigger bar came. Along with to my surprise another firing pin, roll pin, plunger, firing pin spring and extractor spring.

Great service. Shot another 200 rounds and no problems at all. And i have recommended a CPX to 2 people now who cant afford Sig's "Sig is always and will always be my go to brand if the budget allows."

Glad to hear it's shooting well. I hear you about cost. Unfortunately money is the deciding factor many times for many things.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby uberwootage » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:51 pm

getvicious wrote:
uberwootage wrote:Trigger bar came. Along with to my surprise another firing pin, roll pin, plunger, firing pin spring and extractor spring.

Glad to hear it's shooting well. I hear you about cost. Unfortunately money is the deciding factor many times for many things.

Yeah. The people i rec. this pistol to i told them to put at a min of 100 rounds of their choice of carry ammo through it before they even think about carrying it. If theirs no problems i say carry it but shoot it as often as you can to see how it runs. After 300 rounds i say its good to go.

Side note. Need ammo to match it. So out come the rounds loaded by none other then the devil himself. Black Talons. And remember the goold old days. 20 rounds of Prem def. ammo for $8.99? Wish i had a time machine.
Attachments
IMG_20140716_214526.jpg
IMG_20140716_214445.jpg
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby uberwootage » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Another update on some service.

Lost my slide lock spring. Emailed them with the part number and my address. I got a email backing saying they would send one out. Today i got it and not only did they send the spring but they sent a replacement slide lock as well as the new low profile slide lock. Great service.
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Return to Product User Reviews