"Trigger Guard" Only Holster from Ageis Armory

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

"Trigger Guard" Only Holster from Ageis Armory

Postby PattonWasRight » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Bought this and is and works as advertised.

Covers only the trigger and then, via a cord you loop around your belt, pulls off when you draw the gun. All of $15 + shipping. Good quality ... snaps on tight, comes off when needed.

Great way to carry the SCCY in your pocket ... extra peace of mind when carrying with a round chambered.

Also, nice way to transport in car / duffel bag.

http://aegisarmory.us/shop/kydexholster ... ger-guard/
Just Your Average Jewish Redneck.
PattonWasRight
Seasoned Member

Re: "Trigger Guard" Only Holster from Ageis Armory

Postby uberwootage » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 am

Watched a few of the vids. Looks like a few problems waiting to happen in terms of drawing. Seems like its a answer to a problem that does not exist

Lets say you pocket carry. That cord will have to be a few inches long to get in your pocket. You go to draw you now have to deal with a cord that will be in your way. Pull it out hoping the holster and pistol does not snag then lift it up to where your arm and elbo will be pretty high.

No pistol should ever be jerked from a holster. That jerk causes you to now recover and cost you time you do not have. Holsters should draw smooth. Main reason i have never and will never use kydex. My leather holsters all draw super smooth and hold the pistol in fine. My don hume and Galco's i can do kart wheelies and it wont fall out. My Sepras. Hold tight. Draw smooth.

What it all boils down to is quality. You will pay for it. My Combat master was about $70. But its great i know if i need it i wont have any issues. My Sepra was about $45. Same thing When you get into the $20 and under that's when you have issues. Drawing, Fit, Quality.

From thetruthaboutguns.com http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... -holsters/

"Much like there are different grades of leather, there are different grades of thermoplastic. KYDEX manufactures over 40 different lines of thermoplastic sheets, each with its own properties and price point. Their product lines include budget plastics made from re-grind/ recycled grades of sheet: lower-cost products with lower performance standards than higher-cost materials.

The thickness, grain, and ability to withstand temperature determine the sheet’s grade. KYDEX T and KYDEX 100 are the most popular materials used by companies making gun holsters and knife sheaths. KYDEX 100 is known in the business as “The Gold Standard for Thermoforming.” It’s super tough and durable. It arrives at the holster or sheath maker’s shop in a proprietary “alloy sheet.” It offers excellent formability, rigidity, break and chemical resistance. It also withstands high temperatures.

Consumers should ask the holster manufacture what brand name thermoplastic they use (or check the package). If it’s KYDEX, customers should ask which product. Quality manufactures will be happy and proud to discuss their production process, especially if they’re forming high-quality materials. If the manufacturer states that they use a “proprietary blend,” ask for the speciation sheet and material safety data sheet (MSDS). Otherwise the “proprietary blend” may be the scraps swept off the floor of a company using high-grade material."

A lot of people do not know Kydex is a brand with a ton of products and why some people may baleave that the holste they are looking at is like there friends Kydex 100 it could be the cheap stuff thats not close to the 100
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Re: "Trigger Guard" Only Holster from Ageis Armory

Postby PattonWasRight » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Certainly valid concerns, thanks.

Food for thought scenario. You want to have your hand pre-positioned on the gun, ready to go, but don't want to alert the threat you're hoping will leave you alone.

Hard to do with a belt mounted holster ... raise shirt with one arm, raise gun arm, draw and hope the bad guy doesn't notice

Easier to do without sounding the same alarms reaching into a pocket.

Also, getting into and out of a pocket quickly is a pretty well pre-programmed motor skill.

I practiced this draw and never had an issue where the guard didn't break free from the momentum of the draw. Some of the videos show people removing with the other hand, but that wasn't necessary at all.
Just Your Average Jewish Redneck.
PattonWasRight
Seasoned Member

Return to Product User Reviews