Going in for service

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Going in for service

Postby O.B.B. » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey all,

In case you missed my intro post (who reads those anyway :whist: ) I'm a new CPX2 TT owner. Picked up a new one at a gun show this past Sunday(test round marked Jan 2014). Ran the first 40 or so rounds (Remington 115 luger) through it with now issues. Started getting FTE issues after that. Cleaned and oiled it with stuff my brother uses on all his weapons. Fired another 30 rounds through it and still jamming. Clean and reoiled and called it a day. Did some reading on here, checked the mag springs and anything else I could find. Went to a range my buddy owns this morning and finished off the last 20 Rems I had plus another 10 rounds of his ammo (L&B FMJ 115 grs luger) and it was still doing it. He fired about 5 rounds and had 3 more FTEs. Said it's the ejector not engaging the shell properly and recommended a gun smith locally. Came home and called SCCY Service. They emailed a label and service form for me to print out to send it in for service. Kelly was very pleasant on the phone. Will report back once I get it back and some more rounds through it. Being a new gun owner I thought it might be something I was doing until my friend tried it out. Love the feel of the 2 and can't wait to actually be able to use it more. I was impressed with my ability to stay on target with this gun with the little experience I have.

PS.. whoemever owns this board,,,, please switch to SMF or VBulletin software. This PHP stuff drives me nuts with the lack of features :mrgreen:
O.B.B.

Re: Going in for service

Postby sccytoter » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:40 pm

O.B.B., sorry to hear of your issues with your pistol. It always sucks, when you get a new pistol and something is amiss. Hang in there and maybe SCCY will get you squared away. Keep us posted.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby O.B.B. » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks. Dropped it off at ups Thurs night and it was signed for Fri afternoon. I expect to see it back the end of next week.
O.B.B.

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:42 pm

O.B.B. wrote:Thanks. Dropped it off at ups Thurs night and it was signed for Fri afternoon. I expect to see it back the end of next week.
Well, at least it isn't languishing somewhere for weeks, before they decide to get to it. I have a Remington 700, that was part of the trigger recall, and it took them 12 weeks to get it back to me!
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby O.B.B. » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:23 pm

sccytoter wrote:
O.B.B. wrote:Thanks. Dropped it off at ups Thurs night and it was signed for Fri afternoon. I expect to see it back the end of next week.
Well, at least it isn't languishing somewhere for weeks, before they decide to get to it. I have a Remington 700, that was part of the trigger recall, and it took them 12 weeks to get it back to me!

OUCH! That's a bunch of :bs: for them to take that long to fix the issue.
O.B.B.

Postby O.B.B. » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Got it back yesterday. 6 days without it. Pretty impressive. Repair ticket says "Adjust magazine (2), Recoil Rod, Extractor". Not sure what all that means as far as adjusting those but I put 100 rounds through it and didn't have any issues. It did come back with what looks like red grease on the barrel that wasn't there before. All said and done, I'm very happy with the turnaround and repairs.
O.B.B.

Postby woohog1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:11 am

O.B.B. wrote:Got it back yesterday. 6 days without it. Pretty impressive. Repair ticket says "Adjust magazine (2), Recoil Rod, Extractor". Not sure what all that means as far as adjusting those but I put 100 rounds through it and didn't have any issues. It did come back with what looks like red grease on the barrel that wasn't there before. All said and done, I'm very happy with the turnaround and repairs.

Glad to hear that things seems to be sorted out....
As far as what they did, it seems to me, and I am no gunsmith, and I didnt stay in a holiday in express either.... I have noticed, sometimes on the magazines they seem to need a bit of tweeking to keep the rounds of nose diving into the feed ramp. The recoil rod, is what allows the slide to go to the rear when fired, and the extractor is what helps to pull the fired brass case out of the chamber.
That red grease could be hi temp grease. I have used it on firearms before, seems to be some good stuff.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, and hopefullly you are squared away!
Semper Fi!
sccy cpx 2 cb cbde
glock 22
s&w model 60
s&w model 28
s&w model 6904
colt defender 1911
RIA 1911m1 1911
woohog1

Postby O.B.B. » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:48 am

woohog1 wrote:
O.B.B. wrote:Got it back yesterday. 6 days without it. Pretty impressive. Repair ticket says "Adjust magazine (2), Recoil Rod, Extractor". Not sure what all that means as far as adjusting those but I put 100 rounds through it and didn't have any issues. It did come back with what looks like red grease on the barrel that wasn't there before. All said and done, I'm very happy with the turnaround and repairs.

Glad to hear that things seems to be sorted out....
As far as what they did, it seems to me, and I am no gunsmith, and I didnt stay in a holiday in express either.... I have noticed, sometimes on the magazines they seem to need a bit of tweeking to keep the rounds of nose diving into the feed ramp. The recoil rod, is what allows the slide to go to the rear when fired, and the extractor is what helps to pull the fired brass case out of the chamber.
That red grease could be hi temp grease. I have used it on firearms before, seems to be some good stuff.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, and hopefullly you are squared away!

I've had it apart a few times already and found the recoil rod and extractor. The rod looks to be a pretty simple design. Just wondering how one could adjust it. Seems to be nothing more than a 4 piece jigsaw puzzle. lol
O.B.B.

Postby getvicious » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:11 pm

No adjustment on the OEM Recoil Rod Assy as it's a captured unit.

You can get an aftermarket rod (or just call Kel-Tec and get a P11 / PF9 rod - same thing) and different weight springs. The Recoil Rod then will not be a captured unit but free for springs to slide off / on as needed when the slide is removed.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Product User Reviews